Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
I’ve not long bought a Cbr600rr 2003 and have noticed the gear shifter is quite loose on the shaft. I’ve checked the shaft and no play,so am assuming it’s the alloy gear shifter bore has worn,is this a common problem or have I something to worry about?
Thanks

·
Registered
389 Posts
My shaft wiggles a little bit. If you post a video of it I can tell you if it's excessive or normal.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for your reply
I’ve had a closer look and the actual shaft is fine,but the gear shifter/lever is loose on the pivot bolt that screws into the end of the shaft,looks like I’ll need a new gear shifter!

·
Registered
348 Posts
cips007 my '05 is like that, hasn't been a problem, but I suppose maybe I should have another look at it.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
498cm3 It’s probably the alloy that’s worn on the gear changer hole,so am going to replace the lever and the pivot bolt that fixes through the centre of the lever.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
348 Posts
OK thank you, I'll likely be doing the same. First I will check the retainer bolt and the condition of the splines.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Tary I recall that procedure, and thought of it when this thread came up. I wondered if ham fisting would cause the aforementioned looseness...

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,794 Posts
i think he's talking about the actual shift lever, not the adapter that spines onto the shift shaft.

the slop is caused by wear. it's just a simple shouldered bolt and bushing fitment, so as things pack out it'll get loose.

OP it probably won't cause any trouble, but you could look into fixing it. i don't know off the top of my head, but is there a bushing in there? if not you could look into drilling out the shifter and installing a brass bushing to tighten things up

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like mine is sloppy due to either the bore of the shifter has worn or the pivot bolt,so have just ordered a replacement of both

1 - 13 of 13 Posts