Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to adjust the gear shifter up a little bit. I just bought a new pair of boots and I find it a little difficult to slide my foot under the shifter.

thanks

Chris

·
Registered
423 Posts
sure is you can use the shift linkage by looseing the jam nuts and turning the rod to lift up the shifter of lower it. You can also pull the linkage off where it slips over the splined shaft and rotated it a few splines till it feels right .

·
Registered
369 Posts
No problem at all, just test it out to make sure you can shift up or down good with out feeling awkward. Found out the hard way after changing my front sprocket. 1 notch makes a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
or you can always go the expensive route and buy some aftermarket rearsets! i have satos and you can adjust them so much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What is the best way just to remove the shifter for powdercoat without screwing anything up so i can put it back on and just ride?

·
Registered
75 Posts
If you only want to remove the shifter it is just one bolt that pinches the actual lever around the spline drive. If you want to remove the whole shift linkage then I think it is that bolt plus one more at the end of the shift rod. Either way, it should only take like 5 minutes to take off, that would include finding wrenches. I would avoid messing with the jam nuts if you want to be able to put it on exactly as you took it off. Although, it really shouldn't be that hard to get to a good position once the powdercoating is done, even if you disassemble the whole thing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts