Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already did my search, read a lot, and decided on going -1front +2 rear for my track/race 2006 600rr.

I am in the novice class, hedging on getting ready to be bumped to I. So, I am not a speed demon by a long shot. However, my 2006 600rr is going to be my dedicated track/race bike. As soon as I finish the break in, all the track mods are going on. Just want to know if the -1 +2 is a good one for the track.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Coleman,

I have gone up 3 in the rear, the eliminate going -1 in the front. For Summit Main this works really well for me, for Jeferson I would be totally screwed, not enough midrange.

My setup also works at VIR North and South but is lacking at Patriot (like Jefferson)

I will be testing Pocono and Beave Run in a few weeks.
Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges will be over the Summer.
And Jennings, Barber, Road Atlants in the fall.

Please keep us posted on YOUR thoughts, I would like to know what you think also.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NewRedRider said:
Which track are you planning on running?
Summit Point Main

VIR North & South

BeaverRun

Road Atlanta,

And anywhere else I can steal off from work to ride!! :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
steelrain said:
Coleman,

I have gone up 3 in the rear, the eliminate going -1 in the front. For Summit Main this works really well for me, for Jeferson I would be totally screwed, not enough midrange.

My setup also works at VIR North and South but is lacking at Patriot (like Jefferson)

I will be testing Pocono and Beave Run in a few weeks.
Mid Ohio and Nelson Ledges will be over the Summer.
And Jennings, Barber, Road Atlants in the fall.

Please keep us posted on YOUR thoughts, I would like to know what you think also.
David, I am going with the -1 and +2, and see how that works out. Dam, this bike is different! :) The forks are getting race tech revalve, and resprung, Penske triple in the rear, Pilot race tires. And in the meantime, I am getting closer and closer to bankrupt!! :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
i would keep a few different sprockets on hand for the different tracks. if you find that you have to make an extra shift or hitting the revlimiter at certain points on the track, i would adjust the gearing to better suit the situation.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
shortyR6 said:
i would keep a few different sprockets on hand for the different tracks. if you find that you have to make an extra shift or hitting the revlimiter at certain points on the track, i would adjust the gearing to better suit the situation.
+1 In general, I gear so I come close to topping out in 6th on the longest straightaway. For Thunderhill and Infineon, I've found that -1 +3 works best for me. I did have a +2 for other situations, but like shorty said, you're going to have to adjust for each track to suit your speed, style and track layout.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Going 3 up in the rear is the same as -1/+2 and it will actually shorten the wheel base just a little (like 1/8 inch). while the -1+2 will keep your wheelbase about the same.

Plus, I am lazy, i can switch the rear sprocket in about 5 minutes (removing it from the hub/cush). I can't switch the front that fast. Now when I need to get more aggressive I tend to run out of space, so I just slip a longer chain on (I attach the old chain to the new one and pull it through as opposed to running a new one in).

We all have to find what works for us and since I had turning wrenches at the track, I try to keep everything so that I need minimal tools.

Also, you know if you ever need a hand my pit is always close and open...unless both my bikes crap out the night before!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts