Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
decided to change out my rashed generator cover for the new one i ordered a year ago. Everything went so easily, until the clean up! I found that i forgot to put the bracket back on that was holding down the wire to the generator. So i wanna know...is it okay to be ridden like that? or should i tear her down again and fix it? as long as it doesnt leak any oil and make the bike run funny, i would ride it as is.
I forgot to put #1 and #5 on when i replaced the cover. OOPS!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
fix it right so you don't F*ck s*it up. I honestly can't believe you'd even ask this question, take some pride in your machine and quality in your workmanship. geez

·
Registered
415 Posts
it will be coo like that, dont let these motivated peeps bring us lazy guys down... haha yea it wont hurt nuthin

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I always TRY to do the job right but i ALWAYS manage to forget a minor detail like that. If you want the truth, it will not hurt the performance of the machine whatsoever, it is there just to keep everything LOOKING clean and to have nothing sticking out. I always say funtion over fashion, but to everyone their own. If u have the time and aren't lazy like me, i'd redo the job. my 2 cents...

·
Registered
513 Posts
without the holder in place the wires will contact the rotor (aka flywheel ) and get chewed up , which will result in a rapidly discharged battery , repacing the stator ( or attempting to repair the wires ) and you kicking yourself silly .

·
Registered
919 Posts
seriously, that would suck if your stator got fried because of that oopsy

·
Registered
31 Posts
i did the same thing but took it back off and did it right, but i rode it the other day and my cover got extremely hot ,anybody have any idea whats goin on? i took the cover back off and couldnt see if anything was rubbing ?any ideas guys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts