Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to get a pair of black levers and have been looking on ebay.

I can get a pair for around $25 shipped for no-name levers.

Is it worth it to go with name brand or does it not make too much of a difference for the levers?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
So I want to get a pair of black levers and have been looking on ebay.

I can get a pair for around $25 shipped for no-name levers.

Is it worth it to go with name brand or does it not make too much of a difference for the levers?

Thanks
$25 a pair sound hell alot better then $100 for one so u tell me if it worth it.
if they are the style you want who cares they will work just as well

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
get some asv's! i bought some cheap ones on ebay, and once i upgraded to asv's, i will never have another bike without them. they look way better, the craftsmanship is amazing, and the feel is way better with them.

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Certain things on a bike u really don't want to skimp on and Levers are one of them IMO. Anything you use on your bike the most is gonna make a difference and in time you will realize it. I had pazzo's on before and thought they were nice until I switched to CRG's and let me tell you there was a Hugh difference in feel and even Quality. Your hands will thank you later. my old pazzo's were $160 I don't wanna know how the cheaper ones feel

·
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone
4,495 Posts
Certain things on a bike u really don't want to skimp on and Levers are one of them IMO. Anything you use on your bike the most is gonna make a difference and in time you will realize it. I had pazzo's on before and thought they were nice until I switched to CRG's and let me tell you there was a Hugh difference in feel and even Quality. Your hands will thank you later. my old pazzo's were $160 I don't wanna know how the cheaper ones feel
I guarantee you they would feel exactly the same.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Ya I dunno about going all out. Most of my experience comes from my days of riding dirt bikes. I upgraded a long time ago to ASV just because I got tired of breaking levers every damn day and buying a new set. I will give it to them that they will withstand one hell of a beating. But really, unless you plan on dropping your RR on a daily basis like a dirtbike they dont really feel that different from stock ones. Just go with whatever is cheapest and looks cool.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I had a pair of pazzo's on my last bike and loved them! I better have for the price I paid haha. Go for looks, if its cheap but still looks good, then its a win win situation.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I just installed a set of Vortex black shorty levers. I really like the look and feel, but I had one "minor" problem with them.

First off, each lever is 2 pieces, there is the handle and the mouunting part that connects to the bike. Well, the clutch mounting part did not fit correctly on the bike at all. It was just a bit too big. I had to take a file and file the darn thing down on all sides to get it to fit correctly. Once I filed it down it worked perfectly. Then I just hit it with some paint and it was good to go.

·
1,838 Posts
I sayed IMO they feel different, I've only tryed stock to Pazzo and now CRG. There is a whole different feel to them and if you really examine the design you wil see it's not the same. I noticed why I think the CRG brake lever is much better, if you look at the rocker on the CRG the way it holds the MC switch it seems machined better and fits that switch perfect and tight as to the pazzos it's just a machined hole with nothing really holding that post securely so it's a little more travel and takes more lever travel to get to the potential of the brakes if that makes sense. You just gotta compare them side by side.

·
Registered
991 Posts
I understand they feel "different". Some are more square feeling while others are more rounded off. Some have more freeplay than others, while some are very tight fitting. But in all honesty, other than a few minor differences there is no way in hell that there is a $150+ difference. Like I said, with a dirtbike it makes financial sense cause you replace levers so often, but I dont drop my streetbike enough to come even close to making it worth it unless you are simply paying for the "cool" factor.

·
1,838 Posts
To each there own, I don't mind paying more for something that's better to me. That's why it's good we have options.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts