Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my yellow 600rr in October last year. I love the bike, but I was thinking of going for something bigger. My stock 600rr hangs with 900's easy!! This makes it hard for me to drop extra coin on a bigger bike when all I feel I'm gaining is straight away speed. It just seems to me that a bigger bike is only good for a better top speed. What are the other differences? Is getting a bigger bike worth it, or should I just stick with my 600rr and mod it out?

·
Registered
122 Posts
That depends on you. Personally I will not upgrade my bike until another rider is able to truly beat my bike.

There are many squids with liter bikes who would easily be wasted by a true rider on a 500, even more so an RR.

At the moment I am not experienced enough to ride my bike to it's limits, the day I am and another bike is still able to beat me is the day I will consider upgrading.

·
Registered
892 Posts
i was feding off, and being fended off by a 250gp bike last year at fontana infield, <brag>also beat my buddy on his rc51 by 3/10's best lap time</brag> so tell me that you need a bigger bike, and i'll tell you that aaron yates is a cool guy.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The only reason to ride a litre on the street is if you weigh 250+lbs, you want power without downshifting to pass cars, and/or your **** is small and you wanna compensate :lol2: Other than that the big bikes tend to make you wheelie everywhere. I went down from a litre bike and it was the best thing I did. So much more fun on the track. That much horsepower on the track and its just plain angry to ride. Cornering is much more fun on a 600 tan a 1000. If I had the cash I'd get an RS250 Aprilla as well as my RR.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
A liter bike will give you the bottom end that is lacking on 600 supersports. But I would reserve any decision on it until you take the 600 out onto the track.

I have no delusions that I will be exceeding the capabilities of my 600 in this lifetime. We all want better, bigger and faster bikes, but the truth is, very few of us have the skills to tap even 80% of what they can do.

P.S. I love my 600RR...but I will say this. I have owned other bikes in the past, and there are two in particular that stand out that were -- in some ways -- more fun than the 600RR. The first was a gray-market CBR400RR that I had about 10 years ago. Wicked handling. The second was my last bike, an SV650, which is nowhere near as powerful as the 600RR. I've said it before and I'll say it again -- bigger is not always better.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I think a litre bike would be fun for the street just to screw around with and pull wheelies. But will definitely stick to the 600rr for track riding.

U

·
0 Posts
Stick to the 600, I don't see why a 1000cc bike. If you were to have mentioned that you wanted a more comfortable ride around town then I'd recommend a twin.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the advice guys. I think I'll stick with my yellow rocket and mod her out a little bit. I just registered on this site so I look forward to talking with you again! I only have a year and a half riding experience and not much experience on bike mods, so I'll probably need advice again soon. I'll get a pic up as soon as I can. Thanks again!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts