Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Omg!!! I'll Switch Banks Right Now!!! I've Been Blind!!! Omglollerskaeszorz!!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Or...you could open an "E Citibank" account online and get 5% interest on a regular savings. Don't get me wrong I have an ING account as well and it is great but the Citi interest happens to be a bit higher right now. Or put a chunk in a 6 month CD at 5.4%...many options available.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
nflor001 said:
Start saving up for that 07 cbr. This saving account probably has the higher rate than your banks. ING @ 4.4%

You get $50 if you deposit $250.

http://www.ingdirect.com/chicago/

and use reference code: CH919/hgjbaydbc
good idea dude....cuz you get 25 from that right? I should have thought of that. I have an ING account so if you guys do it its worht it. I love my ING.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Arcrist said:
.4 not really worth it for 6 month tie down
Depends on how big of a chunk you have to put down. This is also a good idea if someone on here is not savvy in the market - otherwise they could make more trading in a 6 month period.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TOMIMOTO said:
Is there any kind of fee for closing? If there isn't I'll go open up 100 accounts then close them and keep the 50 dollars for each.

I think you have to have your money in there for at least a month.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
ING's is mid 4% i think. with that $50 bonus, it more than makes up for the difference in APY

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CHEWKNOW said:
good idea dude....cuz you get 25 from that right? I should have thought of that. I have an ING account so if you guys do it its worht it. I love my ING.

It used to be $25, but they dropped it down to $10.

Anyways this is a pretty good deal guys, once you have an account open for one month, you get $50. You can either close your ING account and switch to another account that pays a higher interest or you can keep your ING account and start reffering friends and get $10 off of each referral. Its a win win situation.

·
Registered
924 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
how about if we have a citibank account already? is referral possible instead?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Get an ING account start referring people, make money. Then transfer the money you make referring people to your citibank account.

Then buy your 07 cbr 600rr.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
this part I'll do.
nflor001 said:
Get an ING account start referring people, make money. Then transfer the money you make referring people to your citibank account.
this, I won't.
nflor001 said:
Then buy your 07 cbr 600rr.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Arcrist said:
.4 not really worth it for 6 month tie down
Depends on the individual. For those who have enough other money stored away for emergency needs, 6 months isn't that big a deal. I have money in a CD, but I also diversify. And because I diversify, I do not want all my money allocated to stock holdings. For cash that you will keep sitting around for a while, a CD isn't too bad an option as long as you have planned accordingly for a rainy day.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
technica said:
What the? We are now advertising bank rates on a motorcycle site. lol
Im showing people how to be financially responsible. Which is great advice especially on a motorcycle forum.

·
Registered
200 Posts
finally got my pumping iron dvd back from my boy all I could think of was CHEWKNOW'S avatar when me and my girl watched it for the 100th time

·
Registered
200 Posts
not to jack the thread or anything

1 - 20 of 23 Posts