Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently work 33-40 hours a week and go to school full time. I am 22 and it took me 2 years of school at my local 2 year college to figure out what I wanted to do. So now I know what I want go into engineering and I am currently a sophomore in engineering credits. I am killing myself to get through a semester. I want to quit my job and concentrate on school but I have a car payment and motorcycle payment and $230 a month in insurance payment. So If I quit I have to sell my bike and live off student loans.

The good part is that I live with my parents so I wont have to pay rent or anything. SVSU is about 8 miles from my house. So I will go into debt and have no money for 2.5 years. in the long run it will be worth it but.. I have to sell all my toys and be broke for a while.

What would you do?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
get your degree - that'll open many doors up for you. Live cheap, get some loans, finish school. Just my 0.02 (mind you, I'm finishing my 8th year of college.)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah I feel like I am on that rout I have a 120 credits and only about 52 go tward what I need

·
Registered
35 Posts
Take less classes in college. I am in your exact spot in life....just ride out the end of this semester that ends in about 3 weeks then when summer arrives work like crazy and save money...DONT take any summer classes. So when the next term begins you will have money saved up from over the summer and you can work less hours at a part time job while taking an average amount of classes and keeping your toys. Student loans are bad! Stay away.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Student loans are not bad. I have my student loans from Sallie Mae at a rate of 3%. Thats like getting free money. The intrest is defered which means I dont pay anything until a year after I graduate. Then the intrest starts acruing. If you dont take advantage of special student loan rates you are stupid. Although that is only if you need financial assistance. If you dont need loans then dont take them. If you are in a position where you can make it by working and going to school then do it.

When Im done with school I will have my CPA so I dont think finding money to pay back the loans will be a problem. If it is then my wife will be a pharmacist and I will make her pay... HE HE HE

I would say get school done now no matter what else. Because later in life it wont be as practical to go back for you.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
dbosco002 said:
yeah I feel like I am on that rout I have a 120 credits and only about 52 go tward what I need
if you're that close, just get it over with. take fewer classes and more time if need be, just be sure to get the degree. If it makes you feel better, I just looked at my transcripts online and have 327 hours of credit... Damn I gotta finish.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
I'm in the same situation, during the summer I'll work two jobs so that I don't have to work much during the regular semester.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts