Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought my bike in march, 6 months ago and put 7,400 miles on it already. i ride my bike all the time, rain, shine or cold. now over the summer, i would wave to a harley guy ( cruisers ) and 50% of the time they would wave back, and 25% of those would intiate the wave.

Now since it has gotten colder, ofcourse less people are going to be riding, but more some harley guys ( again cruisers ) wave, and usually wave well before we can really see each other. Like once i can see their body parts, the hand is already out. it seems like i gained repect for riding in the colder weather.

is this true with others?

·
Registered
625 Posts
prolly because the fair weather riders dont care as much about stuff like that and the guys who ride in the cold are more likely to be into riding

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
That's because the squid season passed and only the mature and responsible riders are out ridding. Not to mention, if you can ride in the cold, rain, or shine, you deserve every wave.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I'm with everyone else. Only the passionate riders will ride in the rain and cold. They don't care what your on as long as its on two wheels so they wave out of respect for someone else riding a motorcycle.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
lol i noticed same thing here in NJ.. then again alot of harley crowd just stare str8 ahead not even look.. i hate 50 year old bich3s thinkin there tuff like that...grr

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
That's because the squid season passed and only the mature and responsible riders are out ridding. Not to mention, if you can ride in the cold, rain, or shine, you deserve every wave.
Yep, I had a squid or two as my "friends" on facebook for about a week until I deleted them.

First thing I saw one of them post that blew my mind was

"Well, it's gettin cold out, time to put the bike up"

My jaw hit the floor but then I remembered in all his pictures he's tryin to act like a thug and wears a tank top, shorts, and shoes....

I hate squids...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I would love NOT to put my bike up for the winter, I got my class 6 in the pouring rain and the tester complimented my driving skills but when you live in Canada you don't really have a choice lol.

Unfortunately it's snowing here already so the bike is parked for the winter.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i plan on a winter bike build up, because we do get a little snow. but in no means is the bike being a garage queen. even though it is the prettiest thing in there.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
For you guys that get snow all the time, we aren't saying anything against YOU. Your don't have a choice.

For instance, I'm in Missouri. It will be cold from now (Oct) till at least March. It may snow, it may not.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
well i plan on a winter bike build up, because we do get a little snow. but in no means is the bike being a garage queen. even though it is the prettiest thing in there.

Just be safe out there man. Last winter I rode from Cherry Hill up to some mountains in North Jersey near Mill Brook and it snowed the whole ride back even though no one forecast it.

And yea, during the colder months it seems like there definitely a smaller ratio of a55holes out riding.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
^^^^ Way off subject, but did you notice that "Kitty" from X-men, in your Avatar there, is the same girl from Juno? I thought that was crazy, anyways, continue... lol sorry

·
Registered
383 Posts
well i bought my bike in march, 6 months ago and put 7,400 miles on it already. i ride my bike all the time, rain, shine or cold. now over the summer, i would wave to a harley guy ( cruisers ) and 50% of the time they would wave back, and 25% of those would intiate the wave.

Now since it has gotten colder, ofcourse less people are going to be riding, but more some harley guys ( again cruisers ) wave, and usually wave well before we can really see each other. Like once i can see their body parts, the hand is already out. it seems like i gained repect for riding in the colder weather.

is this true with others?
Completely true and has been my experience in 30 yrs of riding. You gain more respect and are seen as a person who truely loves to ride motorcycles. All weather riders are seen as unique. Or just plume crazy according to some cagers especially at 15 degress F. Now add in the wind chill factor at 80mph. I dont wear heated gear like most.
I'm stopping short of using the words motorcycle enthusiast. Enthusiast can be used to describe a few different ways of being.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts