Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Im getting ready to start ordering all my new gear. I have a mesh jacket, old shoei helmet, and gloves comparable to dirtbike gloves now. I have posted before and im pretty sure on what I want. I plan on doing many schools and trackdays in the spring, along with still commuting on the bike. Any advice or input would be helpful.
Helmet... Arai or Shoei... going to try them on to see what fits best
A* gloves, gauntlet style
A* suit for the track (Is A* worth the money?)
Sidi or A* boots

I would like to get some armor that would be appropriate for the track that I can wear under my jeans when commuting (I know, but I dont see me taking the time to wear full leathers all the time, I figure leave shoes @ work, wear my boots, armor, jacket, gloves and helmet)

A* leather jacket for commuting
anything im missing? And sorry, I am a label whore and if something comes down to a slight price difference with equal protection Id rather match labels, but protection is my number one priority.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
why dont u get an A* jacket where u can attach/zip the pants to it for when you do track days? i know the tz-1 has a zipper for it, because i have it. and a* is totally worth the money, i believe its better than joe rocket gear.

check with our vendors, esp. ridersinc for great pricing. i live by ridersinc, never had one problem with anything i ordered.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
my i suggest:

- alpinestars leather riding jacket... there are MANY to choose from.
- alpinestars 1-pc riding suit for the track... there are also MANY to choose from.
- boots... well both alpinestars and sidi are excellent... so... that's something you can think about a little harder.
- alpinestars race gloves (from the sp1s to the gp-techs)... all excellent.

what is your budget? give us a call and we'll take care of you.

cheers... nick - mri

1 - 4 of 4 Posts