Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GOT MY MAPPING DONE TODAY :) a year later

Okay so im taking my bike in on Saturday to finally get the mapping done on my power commander. Anyone recommend doing anything before I go?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay cool, thanks

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
You're gonna love your new bike. I got mine mapped a few weeks ago and it's made a huge difference.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The power commander software is not Mac compatible?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much did you pay? did they do something with the smog/ fresh air sensor or something? i want to make sure i get the map on my USB drive

·
Registered
14,368 Posts
I had them *take care* of the smog crap and add a BMC filter plus a whole days worth of tuning and a few other goodies for $550.00. I'm not sure what the tune by itself would have been.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
I would also oil/adjust the chain, check the tire pressure, change the oil, and clean/oil the air filter. Make sure the shop knows about the PAIR valve and either disables it or pinchs the hose off. They also need to know you have a CAT. Has he talked to you about drilling a bung hole?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wait up what about drilling? what do to ask them they need to do something that is under the air-box i believe? they said which is an additional 30 bucks something with the 02 sensor i think? 200 +30 for that thing?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
hotskate said:
wait up what about drilling? what do to ask them they need to do something that is under the air-box i believe? they said which is an additional 30 bucks something with the 02 sensor i think? 200 +30 for that thing?
You need to find out what he plans to do. Is he going to pull your O2 sensor and use his or what? If he can do that then you don't need to drill the headers.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
IM a little confused does my bike have a o2 sensor?

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
m lost explain sorrry

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Go check your exhaust for an O2 sensor if this guy plans on trying to use the port or your sensor for the mapping.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Where am I looking and for exactly what im sorry but im just lost

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
hotskate said:
You said he's going to charge you extra if you have an O2 sensor.

hotskate said:
Where am I looking and for exactly what im sorry but im just lost
So find out if you have one. If you don't, ask him how he plans on getting his Air/fuel reading. He can't take a reading after the CAT because it will through off the sensor. So he has to use the existing O2 sensor (if installed) or drill one. If you had a full system you wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay my bike is from NY does that help? i do not have a full system

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
NewRider, mind if I ask where you got the service manual in PDF format? I've been looking all over for it, but can't find it :-(

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
alexm said:
NewRider, mind if I ask where you got the service manual in PDF format? I've been looking all over for it, but can't find it :-(
PM me about it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts