Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't wait. I just got done with the MSF course, which I'm very glad I took. I learned a ton of stuff from it and had a great time.

During the riding test today my Honda dealer tried calling my cell phone :p Not being able to call them back for about 2 hours made the day drag on a bit. I was finally able to call them and was told my new Black/Silver RR will be in on Friday! :) I can see what my weekend is going to consist of... Ride, sleep... rinse, repeat. :p

C

·
0 Posts
Smart move taking the course. Congrats on the new ride. Welcome to the club!

·
Registered
618 Posts
Welcome.. smart move ont he MSF class. I took one a couple of years ago and it was well worth it. Ride fast and take chances... J/K.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. Yeah, the MSF class was great. I'm planning on taking the experienced riders' course after I get comfortable riding the RR around. The instructor said it will be sometime towards the end of May.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Grats on the new ride! You'll never even notice that needle in your vein now. :bounce:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Man its gonna be a long Thursday for you. :D I remember waiting for my best friend to pick me up to go get my 03 last April. He`s ALWAYS on time for stuff like this. That day he was 5 min late, felt like 5 hours. Then he said he had to stop for gas on the way. I was ready to get out at the gas station and walk..."just pick me up after you get your gas"....what a great feeling when we got there and she was sitting out in front of the place. I bought mine sight unseen, only the second one delivered in my area. My friend couldn`t believe how great she looked when we got there...I just tried to play it cool...I dont think it worked. Congrats on the new bike!!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mtc said:
Man its gonna be a long Thursday for you. :D I remember waiting for my best friend to pick me up to go get my 03 last April. He`s ALWAYS on time for stuff like this. That day he was 5 min late, felt like 5 hours. Then he said he had to stop for gas on the way. I was ready to get out at the gas station and walk..."just pick me up after you get your gas"....what a great feeling when we got there and she was sitting out in front of the place. I bought mine sight unseen, only the second one delivered in my area. My friend couldn`t believe how great she looked when we got there...I just tried to play it cool...I dont think it worked. Congrats on the new bike!!
Man you're not kidding. I'm not going to sleep tonight at all. I'm driving 2 hours north to Salt Lake to deliver my old nitrous kit to a guy up there, so that will kill a little time today, but there's still the rest of the night tonight and all day tomorrow (have to work till 5). :( Ah well, it'll all be worth the wait.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just saw the forecast for the next 3 days... Rain and snow each day. W[email protected] It's been beautiful weather for the last 2 weeks, then today it turns shitty. Hopefully the weather report is wrong for tomorrow and the weekend. :(

·
Registered
526 Posts
congrats on the new bike... sorry for the forecast :( I haven't been riding my RR since the weekend cuz the weather has been cold here in the northeast plus its gonna be raining for a while.

·
Please Excuse me, I've been drinking again.
4,452 Posts
I feel ya, man...I remember when I picked up my first bike...my '03 F4i last June...My dad had one of his friends that rides ride it back to the house...so that it would be there for me when I got back...I had taken the MSF a 2 or 3 weeks before...and as soon as I got it I some how ended up out on the highway...kinda freaky for the first time out on a 600cc Sportbike... :? Fun stuff man...why does the weather always go shitty when you've been waiting to pick up a bike? It happened to me too when I went to go pick up my little bro's 600RR...beautiful 60 degree weather and sunny...and the day I go to pick the bike up it decides to dump hard, cold, heavy rain on me half the 70 miles home...like...WTF?? Are you gunna pick it up at the dealership? Or are you gunna have some one else ride it home for you? If you're gunna be taking big roads...I'd look into having a friend that rides pick it up for you and bring it back to your house...so you can get used to the clutch/throttle etc...I know the first time I jumped on my bike, I stalled and almost dropped it...I wasn't expecting it at all. :wink: :bitchslap: Congrats man

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I'm going to be driving it home from the dealership. I think I'll manage. I live in a small town and the dealership is like 10 miles away. Mostly driving on an open, straight highway.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts