Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered some factory honda black paint today and will soon be taking in my lower fairings, doing a little wet sanding, removing that big ole' honda decal and soon my bike will be all black!!!! I have the black RR and for some reason I just don't care for the light grey lower..
I've got a full paint booth at work so I'm going to take advantage of it and paint em!!! I'm hoping it'll look tight!!

eazy :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
the silver doesn't look all bad but i like the looks of the black lower that i have seen in other pics. EAZY E, post pics when you're done bro! i may consider it when i get back.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Yo dont need to sand that off. All you need is a hair dryer, and it peals right off. Then use some goo gone takes it right off.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
The black is nice but the silver lowers are fine the way they are. So, no, you're not the only one who likes the silver lowers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think I only like the silver lowers on the black bike...the yellow and red bikes look sweet with the black though. The only problem is a glossy painted lower would probably get trashed riding on the streets

·
Registered
310 Posts
PLYHARD13 said:
glossy painted lower would probably get trashed riding on the streets
I'll let you know, but my silver bottom didn't get trashed and if I keep doing what I always do (wipe her down after every ride) she'll be fine. The gloss finish might be easier to maintain.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I haven't seen any pics of the lowers being black. Anyone else done this that has pics of it? I was thinking about painting all my fairings the same silver as the lowers. I put a pic in my gallery of the black with the color taken out. I just wanted to see what it would look like if it were silver but the pic came out looking a little too chrome for my tastes. I have to keep playin with hat pic in my spare time.

V

·
0 Posts
I gues Honda didn't see it being a problem on the '04 red/black, black/silver.
The 04's are a matte black, not a glossy if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
natecoop said:
the silver doesn't look all bad but i like the looks of the black lower that i have seen in other pics. EAZY E, post pics when you're done bro! i may consider it when i get back.
you're going to Iraq soon right? Send them to me buddy!!
I'll do em for ya
as a token of appreciation....

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
natedwg88 said:
Yo dont need to sand that off. All you need is a hair dryer, and it peals right off. Then use some goo gone takes it right off.
wet sanding for the paint to stick...not to take off the decals.
I don't plan on putting the factory honda decal back on...
I've got plans for the lower/decals!! but its a suprise
Don't want someone to take my idea....at least not until I have it on mine first!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts