Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Srry. I'm bored...

After riding all last week and part of this week in the rain and seeing how nasty it realy makes the WHOLE damn bike I started stripping the plastics and goin to town cleaning. I'll let my squidlyness shine here.

After realising how easy it would be to get rid of that mudflap I hooked up one of those easy hose clamp to the muffler deals to lock down the liscence plate mount with LED liscence plate holders.

With the plastics all cleaned up It was REALY easy to remove the stickers with a hair dryer. I don't mind showing off my 600rr love by saying it in words but I have to say all black with no stickers speaks a very clean RR look.

I was going to keep the big HONDA in silver on the lower but after having it off the bike and seeing how dull that grey looked a buddy offered to paint it for free at his shop. So I'm having the lower painted nice gloss black tonight.

Since the bike was stripped down I grabbed some wires and hooked up with some LED's to start fashioning turn signals. After a few hours of huffin fiberglass fumes and clogging every last cut in my hand with the nasty chemical I still havn't decided what I"m goign to stick with. I'm tryin to go for the "lightly modded so it's noticbly custom but not flashy" look I guess. Without breaking a $30 budget I"ve made a crapload of different kinds of fiberglass blinker setups. I can't try the one I think I might want without actualy cutting plastic *cringe* what do you think?

I'm thinking about integrating the led turn signals into the tail as little arrows left and right. Thats a simple photoshop of what I want to do. You'll have to visualize the correct angle for that. If not that maybe just 5 or 6 bright LED's in a straight line on each side near the outer edge of the tail from the break light down to the first curve. Ignore the crappy FE and round led signals I got on there. they are just the easiest to bolt on so I can keep riding while modding. So are those photoshopped arrows waaaaay stupid? or.. My taste for decent looks seems to always be off track a little. Suggestions please.

I also meshed the fairing with 1/4" silver. Havn't decided if I like it or not yet. Also threw some test-mesh pieces down where those fake ass air ducts are in the rear plastic. Maybe thinking black vynl behind the silver mesh. *shrug* dunno. I'll get some pics.

Anyway. I figured two days off the bike to clean it up and make it a little custom to fit my style (and have somethign to say to all the people that ask about it beyond "Yup. new.. stock..") heh. As soon as I figure out what I'm goign to stick with I'll spam you all with pics to rip me a new one for tearin up my pretty new bike. hehe. Thanks for listening to my boredom.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Is that you? I always think it is funny to see the face behind the words. Half the time the person is nothing like I imagined them to look like. As for the arrow lights. Looks kinda trick. I'm un origional so I just have short stalks.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. thats me. Right infront of where I work where my bikes parked 8 hours a day everyday. Riiiiiight outsdie my window. lol.

Taking a second look at that picture. Why does everyone blank out their plate #ers? I guess since I would welcome any of you to stop by my place anyday n' hangout (where you could snap as many pics of my bike/car/girls car plates as you want) I don't understand what the deal is behind that. spose I should to follow the trend.

If you go look at your bike and picture the leds angled like that it looks.... interesting. heh. I don't think many people 'round here consider it 'good' creativity to do **** like that tho'.

I'd say I won't do a whole lot more to my bike (or atleast won't mention it. lol.) seeing as I'm catching the drift that I should keep my dremel/fiberglass/welder crap closer to them cages. hehe. My taste in cars made a hard left turn to bling.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Cool idea, but I don't know if they are going to be visible for other people during the day. If you can make it work, go for it. I think it would look cool :) You should try to experiment with some trashed fairing first to get the hang of it, I know fiberglass is not to forgiving if you screw up.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd give it a good couple of practice runs on some plastic. and draw it out before I hacked on anything but I'm not to worried. I've been fiberglassing for a while now and I'm not doin to bad a job at it. I always thought fiberglass was forgiving. It just slapped ya in the face by making you sand for a million hours to get back to where ya started. hehe. Love the stuff. welding is the skill I'm still working on aquiring. Love it

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#1 - I'm a goofy mofucker with very little concern w/personal looks. got mah hotty at home. hehe. (I'm rockin mad style anyway right? haha =)

#2 - Becuase the only reason I'm moddin it up is becuase I stripped everything to paint and just started playin. I enjoy doing this kidnof stuff. I havn't seen em in action but I don't believe I'm a big fan of the passanger peg blinkers. I might throw some in there just to see how they look or maybe even as an addition to the tail blinkers but I just don't know. Just havin fun.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oooh smack. I havn't been flammed for stupid shat but I'm tryin. lol. I just had the funniest thought go through my head for an LED turn signal mod.

On that relatively large & flat (little curved out) spot on the tail where I have the arrows pointing I'm going to put RR. Staggered. On the right side they will be the correct direction to read. on the left they will be backwards. A tight cluster of super-bright LED's should do that no problem att all. Itl'l cover enough space to be an easily visible turn signal during the day and a spammed mirage of RR redness at night. hah. fun. Hope I can do that. Thats definately different. Kindof almost feel bad taking off all the stickers so that'll be a cool (almost flasy. lol) custom mod + sticker advertisement replacement (kindof). hehe.

Now to see if I can pull that off.

R
R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts