Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved into a new apartment and this one does not come with a storage shed and I want my RR in the living room. (big living room)

I would take it right up the front door but there are about 8 steps that way.

So I think I'm going to have to take it through the back door. I can get into the back yard with the bike pretty easily but I need two ramps.

One to get front the grass onto the concrete walkway.

The second one to get up the three steps leading into the back yard.

Now I know someone has done this before.

What did you do. Buy a ramp offline?

Build it yourself?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if I make a ramp in the front I'll probably get in trouble with the landlord.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yah, that's what I was thinking.

Have you though about just locking it up in the back yard with a heavy chain? Or do you really want it inside?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Im drunk, bear with me. Google a frame of a house, and look and see how the steps are built, get some.. like... 8 by two's and just measure the height and width(from step to step) and then cut that out on one side of all three 8 by two's and then get a piece of plywood and nail that bitch down on the 8 by 2's... throw it on when you get home and hide it away during the day... or, if that piece of **** land lord tells you anything, tell him your GOD DAMNED MOTHER WHO SUPPORTED YOU FOR 18 GOD DAMNED YEARS IS ******* HANDICAPPD AND IF HE HAS A GOD DAMNED PROBLEM BRING IT TO THE MOTHER ******* (insert pro handicap organization here) !

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
8 foot isn't long enough

The boards would have to be at least 12-14 feet long to make it down to the yard.

I could get 4 1 by 12's and put a few 1 by 4's on the bottom of them to connect them together. Then I could take some basic roof shingles and nail them to the top to make a non slip surface for when it dew's or rains.

·
Registered
208 Posts
8 foot isn't long enough

The boards would have to be at least 12-14 feet long to make it down to the yard.

I could get 4 1 by 12's and put a few 1 by 4's on the bottom of them to connect them together. Then I could take some basic roof shingles and nail them to the top to make a non slip surface for when it dew's or rains.

Less talk, more shovel. Pics also.

·
Registered
753 Posts
You might be able to do it with a regular ramp used for loading the bike into a truck. That's how I plan to get my wife's CBR and my 636 into our house, (water and water wetter in the radiator for track use, so I have to bring them in before freezing temps), My ZRX will stay in the garage as I ride it year round.

Post up some pics of the front and back of the house and I might be able to help more. Where there is a will there is a way. With a few friends, you can pick it up and carry it in.:toothy4:

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll do a story telling picture thread sunday when I do the project!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have you thought about using the power of ones own mind? I think this explains better http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mPWIPNDTDJs

Failing that i.e if your powers are weak, perhaps you could knock up a replica transporter. For that i would imagine you would need the following:
1. 20 4 x 2,s
2. 12 4 x 1,s
3. 15 3 x 6,s
4. A petrol generator with the capability of accommodating a rubber fist.
5. A large plastic sheet and a tub of lube
6. A Heisenberg compensator
7. Rubber doll in the style of Clint Eastwood.

Of course there would be the small problem of overcoming Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. But this is where the compensator would come in.

I hope this helps?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like something I would say.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Have you thought about using the power of ones own mind? I think this explains better http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mPWIPNDTDJs

Failing that i.e if your powers are weak, perhaps you could knock up a replica transporter. For that i would imagine you would need the following:
1. 20 4 x 2,s
2. 12 4 x 1,s
3. 15 3 x 6,s
4. A petrol generator with the capability of accommodating a rubber fist.
5. A large plastic sheet and a tub of lube
6. A Heisenberg compensator
7. Rubber doll in the style of Clint Eastwood.

Of course there would be the small problem of overcoming Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. But this is where the compensator would come in.

I hope this helps?
that was the dumbest video ive seen in a while

1 - 15 of 15 Posts