Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
backing it in....lol...ass-first to the gravel...

hope she's fine....

fix the bike up...do it again.

·
Registered
192 Posts
What track is that and why do so many people crash on that corner? You had posted some pics of people crashing on that corner before. Nice shot though

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
T6 is one of two turns thats very hard at NHIS, T3 eats a lot of people too... the problem with T6 is some people make it a triple apex, when in reality it should be one through T6 and T7. People over turn, adjust, unload the suspension and wash out the front or walk the rear... 1Ks walk the rear a lot...

·
Registered
206 Posts
What track is that and why do so many people crash on that corner? You had posted some pics of people crashing on that corner before. Nice shot though
Loudon, turn 6. It eats noobs all day long!

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
man....Turn 6's apex is triiiiiicky as f****K! wow. gotta hit it late...I see how it's so easy to lose the front or rear if you go in early, or if you're leaned over too long..unload the supension, and THEN try to hit the apex.

Looks like you gotta be real patient going into that carousel....even Pridmore's STAR school rider gets it wrong a few times.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
wait...now I see some racers hitting it early...bouncing back out wide, and then heading for 7's apex.

I'd probably stay wide before 6, hit six late, and stay mid-track for 7's apex and keep a tight line.

Which is the better line?

·
Registered
206 Posts
man....Turn 6's apex is triiiiiicky as f****K! wow. gotta hit it late...I see how it's so easy to lose the front or rear if you go in early, or if you're leaned over too long..unload the supension, and THEN try to hit the apex.

Looks like you gotta be real patient going into that carousel....even Pridmore's STAR school rider gets it wrong a few times.
Yep, sometimes I have a great day with turn 6 and others I just feel like crap. I was just there for a trackday last Wed and I was turning in too early. I didn't really notice this until I watched my video. You know you have a good line when you can get your knee right over the curbing.

My best results come when I go in real deep and just deck the bike. I ran a couple of laps with Tony from tonystrackdays.com and he showed me I can definitely carry more speed into the bowl. Oh well, there is always next time.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I found the best line is to stay up on the bike until the last second, deck it in quick, hit the apex and roll out wide to the curbing and have a nice smooth arc into 7. If you stay mid track after T6 apex you will sharpen up T7 and thus hit the transition at an angle and loose speed. T6-T7 are connecting corners.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
OMG who's the fukin noob with the yellow helmet that looks like he just FELL OFF the bike??? I think it's a Yamaha... it's the wreck that the exhaust flew off...that sh!t is too funny

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OMG who's the fukin noob with the yellow helmet that looks like he just FELL OFF the bike??? I think it's a Yamaha... it's the wreck that the exhaust flew off...that sh!t is too funny
Thats my buddy Marco... yet another example of T6 early entry that eats a rider... he turned in too early and hit the curbing at the apex, tried to save it but the bike bucked him off...

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
I found the best line is to stay up on the bike until the last second, deck it in quick, hit the apex and roll out wide to the curbing and have a nice smooth arc into 7. If you stay mid track after T6 apex you will sharpen up T7 and thus hit the transition at an angle and loose speed. T6-T7 are connecting corners.
but 8 is a long sweeper, nothing special....you just use it to set up turn 9.

I think I'd enter 6 wide, late apex it, set up mid-track for 7...and run the exit out of 7/entrance to 8 tight....since you don't need to set up 8 at all.

·
Registered
206 Posts

I think I'd enter 6 wide, late apex it, set up mid-track for 7...and run the exit out of 7/entrance to 8 tight....since you don't need to set up 8 at all.
I know exactly what you are saying and it makes sense in your head but its just not faster. I used to run the line you're talking about. Like said above, if you go in deep for 6 hit the apex by decking the bike then let it drift out for 7. Your knee will be over the curbing for 7's apex then you shoot up 8. Again, its just a sweeper but if you take it fast enough your knee is down in 8. Stand it up and scub some speed and go into 9. After talking with the instructors you come to find out that 9 is the fastest turn on the track.

·
Registered
422 Posts
great pic...

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Yeah, like JRide said... i too used to run that line but its slower, by staying mid track you now creat a "turn-in" point for 7 and the transition into 8 over the bump gets tighter and slower. If you run out wide like this pic you have no more real bar input to make 7, just stay leaned over and on the gas.

And you hit 7 like this, if he was a bit wider he would hit the apex just right...

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
She must be a pro to drift like that! :icon_lol:

No really glad she's ok and in the track when this happend.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
that is prob better than i could do in that turn!!!

glad she is ok

1 - 19 of 19 Posts