Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody elses girlfriend of wife....or who ever.....get mad when you go out for a nice ride? I went for a ride today and was gone maybe 4 hours, i get home and shes was just at the door:gun1:. I was ready to hop back on the bike and go for another ride haha. Sorry for complaining but damn.

·
Registered
359 Posts
haha if its a girlfriend bro its time to trade her in too bad I married my wife before I started riding or I would have traded her in too... lol j/k but on a diff note she is pretty badass for the most part so I can put up with a lil trippin every now and then good news is my ears are usually still ringing from the Leo Vince so what shes saying is kinda like the twix commercial I see her flippin but hear nothing

·
Registered
199 Posts
My girl is exactly the same way. For one, she calls my bike bertha... and is always complaining that I'm spending all kind of money on the bike and not her.

Does your girl text you every time she sees a motorcycle accident? Mine does.. sigh. But whatcha gonna do right? Great girl, she's just jealous.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine too.. And yes my girl called screaming/crying when she heard of a motorcycle accident, worried it was me, when she even knew my bike was in 100 pieces in the garage. How retarded...

·
Registered
352 Posts
I guess I'm pretty lucky, my girl doesn't mind if I ride all day just as long as I set some time aside for her. I can spend as much money on the bike as I want because she knows she'll spend money on clothes, shoes, and other girl stuff.

As for the whole worry thing, she won't ride or watch me on the bike. That works for me most of the time, the solo seat cowel looks better than a passenger seat.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A few years ago, I was on my SV650 with a group of other SV'ers. We were enjoying some nice twisties when I round a sharp corner to find 3-4 dogs just sitting in the road. Instinctively I brake, dont make the turn and highside into a field. Broke my collarbone and messed up the bike a bit. One of my riding buddies calls my wife (this is 4 weeks before we are getting married) who can't drive to me because my car is blocking her and I have the keys. (Her mom was on her way from out of town to visit us that day.)
My soon to be wife has to call one of our friends to drive her 70 miles to the hospital I'm at to pick me up. Get back home to my soon to be mother-in-law kinda pissed at me. We get married a month later with my arm in a sling and my bike halfway repaired in the garage...
That was 6 years ago. 2 months ago she suggested I get a new bike and even told me about the 03 RR that I just picked up.

Soooo, no. She's not pissed at all when I go ride.:cruising:

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My girl is exactly the same way. For one, she calls my bike bertha... and is always complaining that I'm spending all kind of money on the bike and not her.

Does your girl text you every time she sees a motorcycle accident? Mine does.. sigh. But whatcha gonna do right? Great girl, she's just jealous.

Tell her to make her own money lol

D

·
0 Posts
Never had a girlfriend get angry at me when I would go out on a ride, but I did have a girlfriend cheat on me because she was pissed off that I got a motorcycle and she hates them.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yup my wife tripps on me all the time about my bike, mostly because when she was younger she would go to bike nights and get rides from random guys(found this out after the ring was in place by the way!) So now she thinks any time i'm out on my bike i've got some big chested short skirt wearing breezy on the back of my bike!

I just have to kindly remind her that I was not that kinda of guy before I married her so why would that be me now?

·
Registered
93 Posts
i take the mrs out with me, and if i ask her and she doesnt feel like it, she will gladly tell you to go, but if shes telling you to go, and go for as long as you want, i'd be worried, reverse phycology always does the trick.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mine doesnt really bitch at me about riding, but she does always nag about us going on a ride together. I HATE having a passenger on their, i feel like i'm riding a harley (haha you know, fat, slow, and unmanuverable). Also, i bought my bike for me and myself only. I like to ride and stress release by myself in peace, or with friends on a group ride of course.

·
Registered
75 Posts
my girl rides motox so she's usually ok with it. I got her to go out with me on the cruiser, but no dice on the cbr yet...still working on it though.

however, she is super protective and absolutely hates it when i ride at night. Told her about how i got hit in the chest the other night by a bat, and instead of making sure i was ok i got a verbal beating for riding when it was dark out haha

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Mine doesnt really bitch at me about riding, but she does always nag about us going on a ride together. I HATE having a passenger on their, i feel like i'm riding a harley (haha you know, fat, slow, and unmanuverable). Also, i bought my bike for me and myself only. I like to ride and stress release by myself in peace, or with friends on a group ride of course.
I'm in the same boat. she likes to ride with me but its not always fun with 2'up

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Know your ride

Here is my solution and it works every time

Keep everything maintained as much as possible. Check everything twice and do all the little things you have to do to keep it purring and running smooth. Detail it and don't miss a spot I mean really polish that thing. Then put on the proper gear and enjoy every second of riding.

Now do the same thing to your bike. If you did the first thing right she should be passed out and you can ride all you want. :cruising:

·
Registered
37 Posts
my girl bought my first bike as a birthday gift, i came home and was like wtf, shocked. she was mad when i sold it last year but happy again when i bought the cbr this year. so i guess my girl is pretty badass haha

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here is my solution and it works every time

Keep everything maintained as much as possible. Check everything twice and do all the little things you have to do to keep it purring and running smooth. Detail it and don't miss a spot I mean really polish that thing. Then put on the proper gear and enjoy every second of riding.

Now do the same thing to your bike. If you did the first thing right she should be passed out and you can ride all you want. :cruising:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. That made me laugh.

Wife doesn't care that I ride, it's just when I start looking at mods she gets pissed... "what do you need that for? how much is that?" blah blah blah...

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
My girlfriend rides ('09 ZX6R) so I don't have to worry about it. The hard part is going on a ride without her....J/K. I always have a riding partner, and she got skillz so I don't have to wait for her :biggrin:.

Think about it this way...after you dump her you can ride whenever you want.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well thats why my girls been gettin mad at. I've been spending money on my baby (my bike). And she keeps asking me when im going to sell it haha. I just cant see selling such a beautiful thing.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
My CBR IS my gf...currently...working on something at the moment.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
The trick for me was i bought my bike to have her on it as a pillion, as my bike before i had converted it to a shortened subframe, got rid of the pillion seat etc.

So i traded that one in for my CBR so she could come for a ride every now nd then (thats our together time) notice how i combined my 2 joys in 1 outing..lol

Then when i go for rides bymyself she is told i need to practise for when you (she) get on the bike i can go fater with you on it safely..
She cant argue that, and when she starts about you do nothing for me i go "HELLOOO i traded in my first love bike for you, thats the ultimate sacrifice i did for you" Arguement over i win always!!!
Sometimes they just want to be included, she dont like it all the time as she has a boney arse and a 4 hour ride on the bike gets her sore for days..so she kinda leaves it, but as long as i offer it then all is good. and the best time to have her on the bike is when its dbl points time (In australia public holidays get caught speeding its dbl points lost) so she helps slow me down at these times...lol

1 - 20 of 76 Posts