Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend and I are about 5'8" so I have to sit right up on the gas tank, and she has to lean way forward to hold on to me. Is there any passenger seat extensions or tips on how to ride with her so she isn't so uncomfortable?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Teach her to ride and get her a bike!

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
257 Posts
$20 says she's not hot at all.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Teach her to ride and how to be a good passenger, My ex was 5'7" but she had her own liter bike and knew how to ride so she knew what to do as a passenger. Riding with a passanger is never the same as riding alone but isnt to bad if they know what they are doing.

·
Registered
621 Posts
My girlfriend and I are about 5'8" so I have to sit right up on the gas tank, and she has to lean way forward to hold on to me. Is there any passenger seat extensions or tips on how to ride with her so she isn't so uncomfortable?

Thanks!
My girl wraps one arm around me and puts one hand on the tank. Seems to work the best, they are sport bikes so there is nothing back there and they will be hunched over because you are also.

Would have to go with a different style bike.

·
Registered
321 Posts
+1 for getting her a bike of her own.. I'm 5'8" and dont have to be scrunched up on the tank.. maybe you should try adjusting your riding position too.

and whenever I'm a passenger, I just rest both hands on the tank, usually keep a few fingers interlocked just in case we take off and I need to hang on. If you are a good rider and she knows/trusts you, she shouldn't need to hang on too tight.

·
Registered
259 Posts
+1 for getting her a bike of her own.. I'm 5'8" and dont have to be scrunched up on the tank.. maybe you should try adjusting your riding position too.

and whenever I'm a passenger, I just rest both hands on the tank, usually keep a few fingers interlocked just in case we take off and I need to hang on. If you are a good rider and she knows/trusts you, she shouldn't need to hang on too tight.
+1

My gf puts her hands on the tank. She barely ever hangs on to me. Most the time I don't even know she is back there..... Until the little back rub at a light. ;-)
Oh, and she rides too.

·
Registered
257 Posts
My gf puts her hands on the tank. She barely ever hangs on to me. Most the time I don't even know she is back there....
Your GF hangs onto me pretty tight, you sure you're using the throttle?

1 - 20 of 120 Posts