Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gf is 5 foot nothing and dying to get her own bike. Problem is when she sits on mine at the stock height she can't even touch the ground. Is it possible for her to lower a CBR enough for her to touch? Any guys/girls out there have this problem? Not gonna lower mine but before she goes out and gets her own I need to know if its even possible. I know they make the lowering links 1-3 inches but is that low enough?

·
Registered
448 Posts
i not sure if a cbr can go that low and be a nice ride. If they dont make a link to get your bike that low u can make your own. a shop will only charge you 20-50$ to cut the shape outta some decent material

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm thinking she might be better off on a 500 or even a 250 to start. Not sure if they make the same kind of lowering kits for the smaller bikes or if their ride height is what it is. Shes sat on a 500 too and that seams to be just a bit too tall as well.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I recently saw a chic riding and she had on like some 3in platforms. At first I was like what the he'll then I figured it out she just too short

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
i would vote 250. my ex owns one and shes about 5'4" and she was able to touch down no problem.

there is a lady that rides on the track around here that is about 5'. she cant touch both feet down at the same time. i've seen her almost drop her bike on the grid quite a few times.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not to be a toolbag, but has she ever ridden before? If she knows what she's doing, get the CBR and lower it. If she's never ridden, you should get her into a course or something and definitely start with a 250 or something.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yeah if she is new to bikes get her onto the 250
my now xgf tryed to ride the RR , but found the rs125 heaps better to learn on ,
one of those 250 kawi will have her rolling in no time then you can look at different bikes, dukes or ktms as bettter for shorties , vtwin being a narrow bike make it better , reaching the ground

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
how far is her other foot off the ground when shes on yours? i just dont like the idea of lowering bikes in general, and doing so might not even completely solve her problem. if shes already a full 12" off the ground with her other foot i dont think you're going to be able to make up for that. 250 FTW

·
Registered
416 Posts
My vote: Ninja 250. and the MSF course

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The lower you drop the CBR the closer you will get to scraping the belly on bumps.
The Ninja 250 is low to start and can be dropped a little without too much worry.

·
Registered
247 Posts
my friend had an 07 gsx r 600 and it was like an inch and half shorter(stock hight) then my cbr.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I purchased my 07 used the guy had it lowered 2". It rode perfectly fine for all but really aggressive riding. I raised it back up to stock, and have the vortex links sitting on my work bench. If anyone wants them let me know, I'll never use them again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
If she is a new rider and can't even touch the ground, I'd recommend the Ninja 250 as well. It's beginner friendly, more than enough power and speed for the streets, low seat height, and cost friendly. I normally don't think it's a good idea for a beginner to be starting off in the 600+ supersports class; and I definitely don't think it's a good idea for one to be starting off in it when they can't even touch the ground OR even have it lowered 3 inches to where it affects the ride for someone without experience.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
what the hell.. the ninja is fun as hell also.. plus she is a girl. plus ur paying maybe? plus its more gas efficient. plus its a sick bike . plus its shorter. plus its lighter.. on and on

1 - 20 of 37 Posts