Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
check out this post. I remember there was another post about a snapped gixxer frame, but I don't rmember the details about it really. This one looks pretty bad for Suzuki IMO. What does anyone else think? Should a 20mph crash have results like that? Im not saying that 20mph head on, i use head on lightly, isnt major but look what happened to the harley.

http://www.tlplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48595

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
repost, but ya doesnt look good for suzuki

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
This is the first time I seen this posted.

I read an article (i think in Sport Rider) that said with the demand for newer bikes to be lighter and more agile the manufacturers will choose to less and less material. I think these pictures are proving that theory.

I smell a recall.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My honda has been through 3 spills - 2 hard, 1 light. . . frame is still straight as an arrow. The only suggestion I could make to suzuki is to get a better casting. . . and a better overall design for the 05 gixxer 1k, that thing is hideous. .

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The gixxer looks like it got hit my a semi, while the Harley just looks like it went over a curb. Granted, one bike is made light for racing and the other has no real weight concerns, but cmon, that frame snapped clean in half.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I guess the moral is it's good to stay away from Halls on the River on nights when Harley riders are around...
That happened right outside Lexington, that's what my dad had to say when I forwarded him the link. I'll have to keep my ears open to see if I hear anything else. They get some crazy rides going on Thursday nights during the summer... I stay away with the RR, but he's been out a few times for the Thursday night rides on his F4.

·
Registered
492 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
that is the #1 reason why you buy a Honda right there..
:iamwithst

Yeeeahhhh HONDA!!!!:wav:

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
LonelyRR said:
Its not a repost. The other post was about the frame snapping at the track.
it is a repost, i posted bout this just a day or so ago

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
you do have more grandeur with presenting it (is that the right spelling or even the right context for that word?) didnt mean it to come off in any other way then to just inform ya. sorry bro if it did

·
Registered
584 Posts
Honestly, I personally am just happy when I can walk away from a crash. I pay good money for insurance so I could care less if the bike breaks into 20 peices as long as I have my health.

That being said, if I were not having my first daughter in about 2 weeks, I would already have bought the 05 gsxr, it is the next level in performace and it is going to cost me more than a few bucks to keep up at the strip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Has anyone seen this posted on www.gixxer.com or any other Zuk owner's forum? I'm wondering how seriously they're taking this, and/or just what the general reaction is.

This is something that would be pretty worrisome to me. Granted, this is the second incident, and two doesn't make a trend yet, but you've got to think that more of these things will be happening. That, and who knows how many have happened to people who didn't take pictures and post them on rider forums...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts