Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to break my new full leather gauntlet gloves in by tomorrow morning, boots too (A* SMX Plus), whats the quickest way? I was thinking of getting the gloves soaking wet and riding with em, dont know about the boots?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I never even thought of breaking in my gear. Just wore it on my rides and that worked. What are you needing to break them in for? It's not like a baseball glove or something.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I have the A* SMX-Plus' and they are pretty stiff and took a while to break in.. they were hard to shift in at first.. you might find the shifting easier if you adjust your shift lever up a little bit.. as for break in.. just wear them i guess

·
Registered
387 Posts
I've never done a quick break-in. But I did a search, and I've read various methods usually involving water and wetting the item.

But the main issue would be drying out the leather glove or boot well enough (and in time) before you have to wear them.

I'm breaking in a pair of Sidi boots right now by wearing them in my house and doing things like going up the stairs in them. A bit awkward, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
108 Posts
purchase some leather conditioner, and while wearing the gloves apply the conditioner like how you would apply hand-lotion.

that should make the gloves a lot softer and easier to wear.

dont know about the boots tho.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I slept in them last night haha, the gloves that is. I got my hands soaking wet and put them on while driving around today. Seems to be working, gonna take a good long ride with them tonight and hopefully they'll be good for tomorrow. As far as the boots go, probably just ride and walk in the as much as possible tonight and tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts