Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, as some of you may know I'm rebuilding a salvage '07 600rr. While I was tearing down the front cowl are I found that two of the three tabs on the right headlight were broke off. I tried glueing them back on but the glue didn't hold up. Is there another glue/epoxy you guys could recommender or should I pony up and buy a new light?

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
my dad swears by JB weld. you mix a hardener with the other goop and smear it on and wait. ive fixed many things with the stuff, from leaky gas tanks to you name it. GL

·
Registered
130 Posts
Problem with that is that any glue, epoxy, anything will be brittle and just break again. Try making fiberglass tabs that you can use, or just get creative with the mounting

·
Registered
250 Posts
I broke the tabs on one of my old SV650s headlight and superglue held up just fine.

Prep is what its all about. I lightly sanded the parts that needed to be bonded together and I wiped away dust with a paper towel damped with some rubbing alcohol.

After I applied glue on either side, I let it haze up before bonding.

Then I used masking tape to keep the pieces together while the glue was drying. Using a clamp is best if you can keep it from sliding off.

·
Banned
1,467 Posts
The top mounting tab is a simple temporary fix, just drill two holes next to each other and connect them so you can thread a zip tie through it!

·
Banned
2,603 Posts
Ok, as some of you may know I'm rebuilding a salvage '07 600rr. While I was tearing down the front cowl are I found that two of the three tabs on the right headlight were broke off. I tried glueing them back on but the glue didn't hold up. Is there another glue/epoxy you guys could recommender or should I pony up and buy a new light?
Use plenty of Gorilla glue, and painters tape to hold it over night. Worked for me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.