Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the Go Pro Owners/Users I wanted to ask a question.

I have a wall charger for my Iphone (just a plug with a USB outlet). Can I use this to charge my Go Pro Camera?

Yes I realize I could try it, but I'd rather not have the wrong voltage and be left with a $300 piece of plastic.

Thanks,
Drew

D

·
0 Posts
If it's a GoPro Hero HD, send it in to GoPro and demand a refund. The cameras are full of bugs, and the release firmware that is supposed to included fixes and the rest of the features we all paid for isn't being released for some time (again).

·
Registered
325 Posts
If it's a GoPro Hero HD, send it in to GoPro and demand a refund. The cameras are full of bugs, and the release firmware that is supposed to included fixes and the rest of the features we all paid for isn't being released for some time (again).
What are some of the issues?

D

·
0 Posts
What are some of the issues?
When used often, a bug in the firmware will start recording corrupt video files and lock up the camera. The only way to fix it is by sending it in for a warranty repair.

Another bug is once you get to file 9999, the camera locks up and will not revert back to 0001 to allow the camera to continue taking pictures. The only way to fix this is to send it in to have it reflashed.

Both are caused by a bug by the r3 mode (it will happen in other modes as well) and has been known by GoPro for some time. Their official fix for people to fix the 9999 bug is to leave the battery out for 48 hours, which will cause the internal memory to revert to file format 9500, freeing up an extra 499 slots. The fixes for these were supposed to come out in the beginning of January. From there it got pushed back to February, then March, then the beginning of May. After that, GoPro pretty much stopped updating people on the new firmware. As of 2 weeks ago it was official from GoPro that the firmware was going to be released in what is now 2 weeks (they said 4 weeks). As of 4 days ago, the new firmware release is not due for another 6 weeks. As of two days ago, they extended that to 8 weeks.
The firmware is also supposed to include the upside down video mode that they advertised as already being on the cameras, the ability for the time-laps mode to take pictures while recording video which was advertised as already being on the camera, and a 3rd fix to the r3 bug that doesn't allow you to record any video files larger than 4GB (it auto stops and saves, though often the saves fail or get corrupted) at 3.66GB, then attempts to continue recording but often those files get corrupted or never record.

:banghead:

·
Jack Daniels is my bff
1,985 Posts
When used often, a bug in the firmware will start recording corrupt video files and lock up the camera. The only way to fix it is by sending it in for a warranty repair.

Another bug is once you get to file 9999, the camera locks up and will not revert back to 0001 to allow the camera to continue taking pictures. The only way to fix this is to send it in to have it reflashed.

Both are caused by a bug by the r3 mode (it will happen in other modes as well) and has been known by GoPro for some time. Their official fix for people to fix the 9999 bug is to leave the battery out for 48 hours, which will cause the internal memory to revert to file format 9500, freeing up an extra 499 slots. The fixes for these were supposed to come out in the beginning of January. From there it got pushed back to February, then March, then the beginning of May. After that, GoPro pretty much stopped updating people on the new firmware. As of 2 weeks ago it was official from GoPro that the firmware was going to be released in what is now 2 weeks (they said 4 weeks). As of 4 days ago, the new firmware release is not due for another 6 weeks. As of two days ago, they extended that to 8 weeks.
The firmware is also supposed to include the upside down video mode that they advertised as already being on the cameras, the ability for the time-laps mode to take pictures while recording video which was advertised as already being on the camera, and a 3rd fix to the r3 bug that doesn't allow you to record any video files larger than 4GB (it auto stops and saves, though often the saves fail or get corrupted) at 3.66GB, then attempts to continue recording but often those files get corrupted or never record.

:banghead:
Interesting, I just picked up a GoPro HD recently. I will be looking out for these issues. The one that really worries me is if it really can't record files over 4 gig. If so that's really freaking sad, I had that same issue when I used my 720p digi cam to record. Once it got to around a 4 gig file it just stop recording. This was one of the reasons I bought the GoPro...:retard:

D

·
0 Posts
Don't ever use time-lapses and you wont have a problem with the 9999 bug. I found that out the hard way after getting a brand new GoPro in the mail a week ago after having my other one replaced under warranty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts