Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a Go Pro and I mounted it on my bike today and took it for a ride. As I was riding I could see it shaking a lot. I used both the suction cup and the 3M bracket with an elbow attatched to the camera. Any of you guys have any tips for making it more stable?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
It will seem to shake and vibrate a lot with the bike but the video should turn out just fine. Where are u mounting it?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will seem to shake and vibrate a lot with the bike but the video should turn out just fine. Where are u mounting it?
I put it on the gas tank cover. I used the sticky base that then used an elbow that came with it. I just watched the video and it was shaking really badly. Everything was tight as can be as well.

·
Registered
785 Posts
you may need the orange thing.

or you can use tape to fix it.

watch this video at the 3:36 mark:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm having the same issue with my goproHD. There's a wobble when mounted and the videos is shaky as hell. I'll try to get some pics/sample video of what i'm talking about.

If you guys can post up some pics of your mounted gopro that would help.

Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks scr1be for the video! I was also having trouble with the shakyness of my camera and all that noise that it ends up on the video. I will do the tape thing tomorrow and see if i notice a difference

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just put some tap on the 3M where u slide them together that helps and try not to use so much attatchments less is better. Hay dose anyone know how to take off those 3M I don't like where mine is on the tank not the view I wanted

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
When using the 3m mounts, stick a price of tape or two between the mount and the arm where the slid together - this should help solidify everything.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
The more extensions/arms you use, the more vibration you will get. I recommend just use the mount (3M Sticky or suction cup) without any arms, unless you wish to rotate the camera angle.

Make sure the bolts are nice and tight. The tail fairings does vibrate a bit so it could be your tail section and not the camera thats causing the issue.

Here's a front mount setup that I use. it works facing front and rear without much vibration (tested at ~100mph)

If you're gonna attemp this ^^ I recommend placing it lower, closer to the mirror as the top area has nothing to stabilize that part of the fairing.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I use guy wires. I quickly did a mock setup in my garage a few weeks ago of what its like. You can do it any number of different ways, but you'll have almost perfect MotoGP quality movies. I'm probably going to drill a few small holes in the upper corners of the case so I don't loop the wires around the buttons.

Here's a friends video, you can see how stable it is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts