Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering purchasing a camera during the off season, for riding next year. I've seen go pro and contour HD around the track; I just wanted to see what you guys use, and what you think about your cameras. I am looking to hear about some of the advantages and disadvantages of the two. If there are any other options as far as cameras go, I would be willing to hear about those as well.

Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
Disadvantages with the GoPro are lower class cards work better in it and the customer service/company suck.
Advantages, it's the best mini HD camera on the market.

Disadvantages with the Contour, it only records video. Advantages, it records video.

·
Registered
306 Posts
GO PRO!
I was in the same boat as you, i am very happy with my go pro.
I have not had any problems with the SD card on my gopro
Gopro
+ Stick it anywhere
+ Very strong protective casing also waterproof
+ Cheaper
- Kinda bulky compared to the Contour (for helmet mounting)

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have a GoPro, and the mount system and adjustability is pretty good. I wish they would make some uniball mount like with my bogen tripod but I can understand why they don't. It records video great, but the audio quality seems to come and go. Most people put music over the vids anyways but something to be noted. The mount system for the Contour HD cam sucks. It does look like a more robust camera case, it probably takes a crash a bit better than the GoPro.

I'm going to mount the GP to my snowboard once fresh pow is made, I can't wait to try that out. It has a built in warmer for the battery pack for better performance in the cold!

Quick vid from the GoPro HD

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ram Mounts has a ton of great options for mounting.

http://www.ram-mount.com/Products/MotorcycleMounts/tabid/128/Default.aspx

My buddy just got the Contour HD. It's nice. But the card fills up fast.

I have the pre-HD VholdR and it's given me all sorts of problems. It works, sometimes. The software is kind of hit or miss, one of the lasers stopped working. They replaced it once already, but I still have problems uploading. Seems like they have abandoned the VholdR all together and only support the contour HD now. Not a good business practice IMHO.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Word of advice for mounting on the snowboard.. its not gonna work well...
What i tried was the sunction mount, did a small kicker and the 3 prongs broke on impact. didnt try stick-ons cuz i dont want it on my board like that.

mad a leg strap mount type dealio, but the vibrations from corn snow makes for crappy vids, and hard to position for angle.

I made a snowboard vid that's on my FB, it used to have sound but fb fubared it, if anyone wants to see what I did. add me
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
I got the motocomm cam $140 on sale. Quality is pretty good and the whole thing is super compact. I was lookin into the ContourHD...no one like it?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I actually make-shifted a mount on my backpack straps. so it rested just between my chest and shoulder.

it was kinda harder to point/direct/angle so i barely even used it.. iunno, i just rather hold it in my hand or stick it on my helmet for better recording angles and such

1 - 16 of 16 Posts