Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
so riding tonight.. from rockford illinois to suburbs of chicago.. bout an hour and a half ride

half way through i feel this sharp ass pain on my shoulder..

it doesnt stop.. keeps coming and going.. i could only assume i had gotten bit.. but by what? i wasnt abotu to stop on I90 in at midnight with no street lights so i did my best to handle it.. tried to smash wathever it was in my jacket until i could safely inspect the situation.

get home..(about an hour of torment and torture) because this bastard never stopped.. never died... and fukin had a nice munch for that whole hour..

get home.. as soon as i get off the bike.. i notice an earwig crawling down the outside of my jacket (obviously the culprit).

smash the ******* cause he didnt deserve to live anymore...

get inside.. take off my shirt.. inspect the damage

my sholder is fackin swollen.. 4 sets of bites (8 holes in all)... one he held on to for a while cause its all black and blue around that set of holes....

damn these bugs are stupid..

any of you have some experiences...

imma update with pictures of the aftermath i think.

some shitty cell pics.. but u get the idea..

Shot at 2008-07-20

Shot at 2008-07-20

Shot at 2008-07-20

·
Registered
741 Posts
yup .. i know watcha talkin bout ..... got bit lat year while riding, 4 bites in total if i remember corectly ..... 3 on my right shoulder and one on my finger trying to get it off (must be a big asss bee or some cause the needle went through my leather glove and jacket ... and the wounds was swollen for a while) ...... luckily this havent happen to me again ever since

·
Registered
526 Posts
Yeah i can relate to your story.
I was on my way back from school on the freeway going about 65mph when all of a sudden i saw a cloud of bees just hanging out in the middle of the freeway. I was wearing My A* jacket but it still wasn't enough protection. As i was ducking i felt a pinch on my neck and Immediately pulled over to the shoulder. The f'n bee stung me and was still bitting my neck! That pain was horrible, it felt like a piece of hot metal penetrating your skin! :evil3:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i couldnt imagine gettin a bee stuck in the jacket or something.. that would be outta control..

albiet the earwig bites feel really close to a bee sting. and i got like 6 of them repetitively

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my Icon accellerant leather jacket. with a tshirt underneath.. im guessing he was between the jacket and the tshirt

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have had a bee end up in my helmet when riding off road. it got lodged between my goggles and helmet and i tell you what you have never seen someone pull up so quick and rip there helmet off lol:icon_lol:

Ended up with a swollen face for a few days for my trouble.... :cwm21:

·
Registered
70 Posts
If that doesn't get better in the next day or two you mightttttt want to go see a doctor.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I was working on my bike in the garage 6 months ago and got bit by a spider. I have compromised immunity from having a stem cell transplant, so I react to just about everything and anything. It formed an abscess on my leg where I was bit. I am still recovering from it!! It has been a horrible experience. It sounds like you may be having some allergy towards the earwig bites. You could try Benadril to see if that helps with those symptoms, it does come in a cream form. Here is some info about earwigs:

An earwig bite, despite what some people claim, is quite harmless because earwigs are not poisonous. Though the earwig’s jaws (forceps) are quite strong and the pinch can be a bit painful, there is no reason to worry about an earwig bite.

There are, however, alleged worst-case scenarios where a bite victim (particularly those with various allergies) suffers severe itching on the bite area, a stinging sensation, a hot-and-red swollen bump to about 1-3 inches in diameter that, when left untreated, may become a huge liquid-filled blister (cellulitus, an infection of the tissue). If this happens to you, consult your doctor immediately; treatment may vary from topical medicines like hydrogen peroxide to the outright use of antibiotics.

·
Registered
702 Posts
It happens dude. I got stung by the same wasp or similar 4 times, right in the same area of my stomach. I've also had a stinging beetle of some sort make it through the vent in my jacket on the left bicep, and bite me until I pulled over and did the crazy dance trying to get out of my jacket.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea the bites arent swollen anymore today.. just still black and blue.. it looks to be alright..

fuckin bugs.. honestly whats with earwigs..

i had one on my bike again today.. do they like the warmth or something.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Haha thats crazy. I had one on my foot just yesterday while working on my bike. I wiped it off before it could munch down though.

Maybe they have a strong taste for 600rr.net users?:dontknow:

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
If you see them around the house go to Lowes and get yourself a gallon of indoor/outdoor bug spray and spray the heck out of everything. That is what I do every 4-6 months now and it has seemed to work well...aside from the resilient spiders that keep coming back.

Oh this also reminds me of the time I was stung by a bumble bee while driving. I pulled over and was screaming in pain. Cop stopped in a cruiser, it was a chick, and asked me if I was ok and what happened. I cried to her that I just got stung and she said ok and drove off! WTF! I needed help damn it!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
dang it, i didnt know earwigs bit like that as well!!!

i have yet to be stung/bit by some damn insects while riding, but im sure im overdue for a bee/wasp sting of some sort

depending on the day's weather, i wont have any jacket for the bastard to get stuck in. he almost certianly will be squased and killed before he can sting me multiple times. BUT he may still sting me once cuz i am pretty sure bees and wasps can still sting for a short time after being killed

1 - 20 of 23 Posts