Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight this is a newbie question but how to you go about entering track days. like what are the basic steps on entering, equipment needed, track edakit(sp?). i know some things about it. but i know i dont know nearly as much as i should. basically i need an intro on how to prepare for track days. any information would be great!!!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
leather suit: 2 piece or 1 piece... probably go with 1... (i'm renting when i go this spring). if you have the cash just bone it up and buy one, you'll probably be happier.

Check your bike out... some company's are pretty strict on the condition... plan on going through your current set of tires and buying new ones... check the brakes, you may have to safety wire. Take off lights, or tape over them.

as for track etiquette (Sp?2) don't be a ****... other than that you'll be fine.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
ridetilidie said:
Aight this is a newbie question but how to you go about entering track days. like what are the basic steps on entering, equipment needed, track edakit(sp?). i know some things about it. but i know i dont know nearly as much as i should. basically i need an intro on how to prepare for track days. any information would be great!!!
many trackdays require you to drain your coolant and run water with water wetter. tape up all the lights (an dunplug headlight). run new or nearly new tires and good brakes. lower your tire pressure to 30-32 or thereabouts. eat and drink often. dont race, just ride.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Go to a JenningsGP newbie trackday, from what ive heard from riders that is the best thing a newbie can do that is new to the track. They tell you everything you need to know and the instructors are very approachable during the day

·
Registered
85 Posts
pantablo said:
many trackdays require you to drain your coolant and run water with water wetter. tape up all the lights (an dunplug headlight). run new or nearly new tires and good brakes. lower your tire pressure to 30-32 or thereabouts. eat and drink BEER often. dont race, just ride.
hahahahahaha

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks again guys. i know this has been beaten to shjt... but i just didnt know people that did track days.. the sites where very helpful!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts