Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So tomorrow at 3am my brother dad and I are headed off to Deal's Gap US 129 for my first time. I'm pretty pumped! I've been looking forward to this since we planned it but even further back. I remember when I was like 5, my dad would put on his tail of the dragon vhs and I'd "ride" my pillow and lean to every turn, now here I am actually going!!

We're turning it into a 5 day trip and trailoring the bikes down there on the first day.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
Just a heads up, if you're coming through Michigan, I-75 south of downtown Detroit has been tore up for a while now with construction.

Have a safe and fun trip. I can't wait to go back!

·
Registered
178 Posts
So tomorrow at 3am my brother dad and I are headed off to Deal's Gap US 129 for my first time. I'm pretty pumped! I've been looking forward to this since we planned it but even further back. I remember when I was like 5, my dad would put on his tail of the dragon vhs and I'd "ride" my pillow and lean to every turn, now here I am actually going!!

We're turning it into a 5 day trip and trailoring the bikes down there on the first day.

Man that's awsome. I only live bout an hour from the gap. U will love it. I might be there this weekend but not sure. If I do it will be EARLY. Lol

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Have fun and be careful out there. Ride your own pace and also watch out for other drivers that cross over into your lane.

I haven't been there yet but hopefully I can go too. Take lots of pics!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Enjoy your trip!! Be safe and keep her up! Take pictures/video. Stick to the inside of turns to avoid those who blow their line coming the opposite direction.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a heads up, if you're coming through Michigan, I-75 south of downtown Detroit has been tore up for a while now with construction.

Have a safe and fun trip. I can't wait to go back!
Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately my dad can't go into New York for ticket related reasons..so we risked it and we actually made it through okay. Must have been lucky.

We've made it to our Inn...man that Blue Ridge Parkway is amazing! We took the 276 in and OMG that's an amazing road! They just finished paving it too. We were still driving in but even with the heavy Titan and the large trailer with 3 bikes it was allot of fun!

I have allot of pictures already but I'll save the gems for later..

·
Registered
663 Posts
Haha I was on the blue ridge the other day. It's beautiful, huh?

Wonder if it was the same section, it had just been paved too, little yellow tags to divide the lanes?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well the new paved section I'm referring to isn't park of the parkway, its part of 276 which meets the parkway...we'll be riding it after breakfast and I'll toss up some pics and vids tonight.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was up there not too long ago but it was raining for all but 2 hours... Hope the weather's nothing but the best for you!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was pretty amazing, rode in rain often but also rode in the clouds. Got stuck riding home through the twisties in pitch black after a 14 hour day of riding!
Only one mishap, my dad tipped over his new multistrada at a gas station and screwed up his hand, but kept riding!

The gap was friggin amazing....had a few pucker moments but other than that, im a slayer now :D we're going again a couple times today and tomorrow and I'll be making a video collage once I get home...the internet at this Inn is terribad..

·
Registered
178 Posts
It was pretty amazing, rode in rain often but also rode in the clouds. Got stuck riding home through the twisties in pitch black after a 14 hour day of riding!
Only one mishap, my dad tipped over his new multistrada at a gas station and screwed up his hand, but kept riding!

The gap was friggin amazing....had a few pucker moments but other than that, im a slayer now :D we're going again a couple times today and tomorrow and I'll be making a video collage once I get home...the internet at this Inn is terribad..

Alright, glad u like the gap. Me and mickking was up there this morning and we saw you once while passing but then never seen you again lol.. :ciao:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah we only made one pass yesterday, two today...then we got POURED on...made the 2 hour ride back nice and cold..

I think I saw you, I've been keeping a special eye out for CBR's :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts