Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last Friday the wife wants to take her bike out for a cruise so I hop on my bike and lead her around town. We get on a long empty straight away and she doesn't go but about 35-45mph cause she's just learning. I'm out front and decide (stupidly I might add) that I'll practice my wheelies since I was getting decent at getting the bike up in 2nd. I start clutching it up and can't get the wheel 6 inches off the ground no matter how hard I tried after about 3-5 tries I realize I'm in 3rd gear and not second so I try again... The bike still doesn't come up so now I'm mad and go to take off and the bike doesn't move, 2725 miles and the clutch burnt up that quick. I know thats what I get but I'm 32 years old and have been on bikes and in manual cars all my life and have never seen a clutch burn up that quick (I've never even had a clutch go bad) specially on something that should be a race bike. I'm suppose to find out today or tomorrow if its gonna be covered by warranty (no I didn't tell the dealer what I was doing). Regardless I think (hope) Honda should cover it. What do y'all think? It's an 05 and i just sent my 2nd payment in yesterday.

·
0 Posts
Wow yeah they should replace it. But IMO that is still kinda quick to burn up a clutch

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
The clutch no matter what kind of bike it is
is not an invisible part.
You are beating up your baby do not abuse her man .
She gives you love and smiles evrey day.
I know its your bike and you can do whatever you want to do
with it good luck at the dealer :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
moeman said:
the clutch no matter what kind of bike it is
is not an invisible part you are beating up
your baby do not abuse her man she gives
you love and smiles evrey day i know its your
bike and you can do whatever you want to do
with it good luck at the dealer :)

Holy unpuctuation batman.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You have to tell us what it was, I would like to start practicing wheelies, but not if im going to burn up my clutch.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
sorry camel man i fixed the mess sir lol :beer: :rocker: :wave: :icon_supe :fiddy: :wav: :bootyshak

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Camel Jockey said:
Holy unpuctuation batman.
This is just a joke, and only a joke had this been an actual grammer lesson I would have told you.

"Holy UN-PUNCTUATION batman" LOL. Just messing with you Camel.:icon_lol:

·
0 Posts
:book1: Where in the holy sh!t did yous guys get ur edumacation from geez yous guys sounds like bunches of o-keys

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alxandrthegr8 said:
You have to tell us what it was, I would like to start practicing wheelies, but not if im going to burn up my clutch.

It is my thinking that mistaking 3rd gear for second is what got me cause when it didn't come up right away the first time I gave it more throttle the second and third time and sorta dragged the clutch so it wouldn't put me on my back... I also think that the guy who did my 600 mile service might have not adjusted my clutch right or used too thick of oil and the clutch wasn't getting proper lube (it was done at a race shop and not by the dealer). I didn't try but a few times to get it before realizing I was in the wrong gear and only dragged the clutch 2 maybe 3 times so I just think it was a little more than one instance that done the clutch in. Like I said I'm 32 and I learned to drive my first stick shift in a 1986 Ford ranger at the age of 14 and have been in cars and on bikes ever since then and this is my first bad clutch so I halfway know what I'm doing... I think... LOL.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Well, two problems.
1) The dealer will be able to tell if the cluthch has been abused. It will be burnt and possibly scarred. Don't be suprised if you get denied.

2) I know Triumph monitors T595.net and has denied claims based on someone public admittal to abusing their machine. Honda has more money and more independent dealers I am sure some of them log on here. Hope you haven't said too much.

In the end, I personally feel, you play you pay. If I wreck at a track day, i don't call my insurance. If I burn up my clutch trying to learn how to wheelie, I wouldn't be trying to get a warranty claim either. If the mechanics figure out you are full of BS, if you have a real claim come up, don't expect them to be too accomodating. Karma's a 300lb red headed B!tch

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No Karmas paying $8300 for a new bike and it cant stand up to dragging the clutch a couple of times and then the company gets bad advertisement from it... Regardless I've seen bikes take alot more abuse than what I did to mine. Did I wreck it and ask them to pay? Nope. It's a mechanical issue with my bike regardless of who's at fault. Leave the 300pounder out of this please it brings up bad memories.... LOL.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Silver
i know camel is joking its ok man

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
they'll def. be able to tell how the clutch was being used, and it is a part not covered under the warrenty and is considered normal wear i think. You just wore it out pre-maturely. Good luck and if they do replace it thats awesome.

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
silveRRocket said:
I know, I was joking also. Thus the This is a test, this is only a test reference. trust me my grammer really sucks. LOL.
yeah, especially since it's grammAr...

and i think the clutch is considered a consumable part like break pads. they WILL wear out. just might have to argue the it is very soon, they may have a limited time period coverage, i think cars give ya like 3 or 5 thousand miles and parts like that.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I guess now might be a good time to invest in a slipper clutch. But if you don't know your bike well enough, you probably wouldn't notice any differences with the upgraded clutch! (U know what I'm sayin' my Niggahs?!? We Ride or Die on these Mutha Fuckin' Streetz! Hahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! J/P)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts