Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an '03 600rr when they were first released. I loved my bike, but i sold it in '05 to go to school. I've had the bug really bad lately for a new bike. Im just curious, but for those of you who when directly from an 03-06 to a 07-08, how much of a difference? What stood out?

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Lots of things are new to the 07/08. Looks, less weight, more midrange, and HESD are only a few of the advantages over 03-06. its not noticably significant for a street rider but for the track and high end riding it makes a whole lot of difference!

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Things you will notice off the bat

1 Seating position the 03 to 06 RR you sit high and feel you are on the bike
but the 07 /08 RR you are not as high any more you are in the bike

2. Bike is easier to flick around while you get better feed back from the front end

3.The cough that use to take place between 3K to 5K while going from 1st to 2nd gear
aint there any more

4.Better transistion for fuel delivery no abruptness when getting on or off the throttle

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Track riding aside (which is where most of the improvements are realized).....I would say that street riding ergos are much better. The clip ons are about 10mm higher and most would agree the seat is more comfortable.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Id say theres more of a difference going from an 03-04 to an 07/08 compared to an 05/06 to an 07/08. The 05/06 has some improvements over the 03/04 such as its lighter, has inverted forks and has better midrange. I can vouch for this...i rode my friends stock 04. But the 07/08 takes it further and has these same advantages over the 05/06. The new rr's are ~20lbs lighter than the 03/04 and around 10lbs ligher than the 05/06. Different sources claim different numbers though.

As far as seating position, I noticed on my buddy's 07 the seat is a bit slimmer than mine which makes it more comfortable. But I have never complained about the comfort of my 06.

If I had an 03/04 I would consider getting an 07/08 but not with my 06 I have right now. Lets see how the 09 models are. But for now my 06 is just fine for me. I think the OP should wait around for an 09 model. If you dont like it then you could always go for an 07/08 and it would be cheaper then too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts