Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm going in for my first oil change (I can't put it off any longer). The oil is free, but they do charge $220 for a "first-time checkup". The service guy there told me it's a 3 hour job. Does this sound right?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
If they are really going to pull the fairings and go around the whole bike and torque every bolt and tighten the chain, then 220 is just a little expensive. If they are just going to change the oil, 220 is a ripoff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fierboy said:
Do it yourself!!! They aren't gonna do anything you can't do yourself!!!! Big freakin rip off in my opinion!
That's what I'm thinking.... although, I'm still not completely sold against this.

·
Ocho Cinco
1,715 Posts
I really know nothing about bikes... so I just let the dealer handle it. That way if anything gets eff'd up... I know who did it. And they will be liable.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Yea, they're probably charging you to go through and retorque all the bolts and crap. If you're going to have them do it, stay there and make sure they do.

Otherwise, the service is just an oil change. I'm sure another poster on here will be glad to help you in exchange for a couple beers and some snacks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
ill do it for you for free........ scratch that lunch. i live in fullerton. hit me up

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
bro, ur about to get ripped the eff off. anyone on here will tell u they dont do jack but change ur oil and check the chain slack. u can even dark the bolts with a chalk and see if they touch the bolts or not. if they were to adjust the suspension to ur weight and all that stuff, then MAYBE i'd bring it to them. but i've had my bike well over 10k miles and do everything myself, and its running great.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
jjanaya21 said:
I really know nothing about bikes...

And you never will if you never try.

If you mess up we will walk you thru the fix........We will walk you thru the service.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
That's too high. My dealer charged $100 and took 2 hrs going over the bike and doing all the specified stuff...oil change, tighten bolts, lube chain etc. I stood and watched him do the whole thing. I asked him the typical price of that work and he said it usually runs between $100-150 depending on dealer. That should give you an idea about what your dealer is up to.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
VBGOD said:
Yes.

Was this a place in Los Angeles?
You are here in LA?? I had mine done at Long Beach Motorsports for $100.

·
Registered
35 Posts
do it yourself...it's how you learn!!! i didn't know anything about my first bike, but I did everything myself. you aren't going to hurt the bike..it's a honda.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
ThePro said:
do it yourself...it's how you learn!!! i didn't know anything about my first bike, but I did everything myself. you aren't going to hurt the bike..it's a honda.

LOL! people like u make my job harder.. im tellin all of u.. first one, let the shop do it! after that, u do it but when u bring your bike me i check all your levels, make sure i get as much crap out as possible.. when "people" do it they just change the oil. we got a bike right now thats got shavings in it.. dude sad its the 3 oil change.. he did um his self he said with a smile.. when he comes in in the next couple of hours i get to tell him thats whats wrong with your bike.. with a smile. its about safety.. let the damn shop do the first one.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts