Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am going to take my test in about an hour to get my license. Do you all have any suggestion for me.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Be patient and go when your ready except for the timed stop. I hope you practiced your slow speed manuevers because the test is not a gimme. At least in Florida and most states the test looks to be the same. Have you read the post "What's on the road test". Lots of good info there.

Good luck :thumbup:

Tim

·
Registered
118 Posts
You could show up 1 hour before the DMV closes like I did, hurry through the written part, and then when they go to make you do the riding part, you could ride around the parking lot one time, and they say you passed. haha

·
Registered
154 Posts
congrats....!

Just wondering... What`s required to get a drivers license (for motorbikes) in the US? How long does it take, what cost and minimum age...?

Just wondering.... ;-)

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The only cost was $20.00 and that was for my a 6 year license. I was there for only 20 minutes. There were only 4 things that I had to do.

1. Drive though some cones. " Had to do that in over 15 secs"
2. Weave through a set of cones.
3. Shift from first to second then back to first and stop with my fron tire in a square.
4. Accelorate to 15 mph then stop before crossing the line.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Is that all that`s requierd?? :shock: That`s insane...!
How can anybody NOT get their licneses then....??

Here a license cost about 1300-3000 $ depending on skills, and it takes about 1 month(give or take some weeks) to get it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
WOW.I'm also from Europe and it cost much more than 20$. First you have to go straight and stop in front of line.Second:Make 8 in little square and drive throw town with one of the instructors.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ugh. Here in California we have to ride around a little circle once or twice staying between two lines that are about a foot apart. I have my license and still can't pull it off (at least last time I tried on my gixxer I couldn't). I wish all it was was stopping, starting, and shifting :roll:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts