Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am seriously considering getting a cruiser ( Yamaha Vstar 950 touring ).
I find as I get older I am ready for the more relaxed and leisurely riding experience and the RR does not provide that - nor was it ever meant to.
I will certainly miss the fun twisties but I only ride like that about 2% of the time, the rest I am just cruising around town enjoying myself.
I am going to the dealership this morning to see what kind of deal I can work out.
http://www.600rr.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=155329&stc=1&d=1433153757

Anyone have any opinions or personal experience on this bike?

Attachments

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Vstars are nice, well balanced. Also really reliable. Have you thought about a Suzuki m109? Cruiser but still very sporty, I've seen one cooking at the Dragon

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I get where you're coming from. I'm looking for a more comfy bike too. Although I'm not quite ready to give up sport riding just yet. But I have little doubt that one day I will own a cruiser. Good luck!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Good luck with the deal! I've got an '09 Kawasaki 900 Classic as well with my '07 RR. I'm only 24 and still enjoy taking my Cruiser out almost as much as my RR. Being comfortable is definitely the way to go if you plan on mostly just cruising around.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys I am pretty set on the vstar 950 and would love to keep the RR but that's not possible on our retirement budget. Already called the insurance company and that only goes up $12 a month. Hoping to make this happen in the next 4 weeks and would love to get a 2014 with low miles or new to save a little cash.

·
Registered
14,365 Posts
I love seeing people that enjoy other bikes. You know I love sportbikes and track days, but...there is a big world out there, and a LOT of other bikes to enjoy.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Good luck with getting the cruiser. They are comfortable bikes and much easier for regular street riding/commuting.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the vstar 950 with the touring package will be perfect for me. It's the right size, price, and I love the lines. Not really in to the chopper style bikes. Never rode one but they just don't look like they would handle very well and would be harder to ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
I love seeing people that enjoy other bikes. You know I love sportbikes and track days, but...there is a big world out there, and a LOT of other bikes to enjoy.
:+1:100% agree, hell if I could I'd have a few bikes in the garage ;)

·
Super Moderator
12,223 Posts
I think the vstar 950 with the touring package will be perfect for me. It's the right size, price, and I love the lines. Not really in to the chopper style bikes. Never rode one but they just don't look like they would handle very well and would be harder to ride.
well if that's what you like go for it :) have you ridden a Vstar 950? didn't you do a ride day recently?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes Dave but I actually rode the 1300 on that day. Was worried it would be too heavy but I had zero problems, even doing a full slow speed 360 in the parking lot was easy, although I was sweating that part because there were lots of people watching. Kept thinking, don't F up, don't F up !!!
I was worried about nothing and never had to put a foot down for mental security. :)

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's a bittersweet done deal guys/gals. The RR is no longer mine and up for sale at the dealership.
Dave thats my exact bike but she looks better and bigger in person :)
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1433616109.296102.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Nice one. I will (eventually) be looking for one. Had a microdiscectomy on my spine back in January (L4/L5), and may need to go back for more (L5/S1) due to sciatic pain I get in my lower back / leg.

At the moment, I can ride the 600rr fine, have looked at cruisers but haven't found one that I like yet, beside the HD Iron 883.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Congrats man! Now you'll be a squid on a cruiser. j/k

Those bikes are very comfortable, but I could never get used to the riding position of the pegs and handles. But if it works for you, they're great. Takes some getting used to but after a few rides, it'll be natural.

Gear up and ride safe! :cruising:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts