Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im experiencing a problem getting my bike to realize im in nuetral gear.
As in .. i can get the bike in neutral, but the green light wont come on, and the bike doesnt act like its in neutral (must hold the clutch and put up the stand to get her to start)..

have no idea how it happened/how to fix.. any ideas?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have trouble getting my bike to go from neutral to first half of the time. I have to roll it forward and stomp on it like I a starting an old harley or something. No clue man.

·
Registered
428 Posts
TRIBALKING said:
I have trouble getting my bike to go from neutral to first half of the time. I have to roll it forward and stomp on it like I a starting an old harley or something. No clue man.
normal try not to stomp poor rr

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
TRIBALKING said:
Just let the clutch go, clutch back in and shift down. works everytime.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
guys sorry i wasnt clear...

My bike DOES go into neutral. But even then, the green light does not go on, and the bike still behaves like its NOT in neutral (ex, bike wont start without the clutch and kickstand up). The green light also works when i turn the bike on, so its not a fuse/light issue.............

anyone?

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Sounds like the sensor isn't working properly.

·
Registered
323 Posts
your bike wont start with the kick stand down anyway there is a safety switch on it to prevent you from riding away with it down. As for the neutral prob. sounds like what everyone else is saying would be the first place to start

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
scoRRpion said:
your bike wont start with the kick stand down anyway there is a safety switch on it to prevent you from riding away with it down. As for the neutral prob. sounds like what everyone else is saying would be the first place to start
It will start if the bike knows it's not in gear. That's his problem is the bike still thinks it's in gear when it's not.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Did you read what he posted he said the bike will start with the clutch in and the KICK STAND UP. Just informing him that the bike wont start with the stand down so get off me pimpin

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
That's because the bike still THINKS it's in gear! $100 says it has nothing to do with the kick stand switch! I tried to explain it nicely to you but it's apparant you're not understanding how this works. The kick stand switch is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. It's just being lied to by the neutral switch telling it "It's still in gear".

·
Registered
249 Posts
what do you mean the bike's in neutral, but doesnt behave like it? you do realize neutral is only a HALF-click down from second and up from first.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts