Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, ok so my bday is coming up and the gf and i decided to hit up Vegas, not my first time there but a legit party place so why not. This time we wanted to see some scenery too so this is where i need advise from someone that lives there or know your way around it. (besides hotels and stip) where should we go my gf was thinking about the grand canyon or hoover dam? should we go to both? take a heli tour, rent a car or what else? last time we went by those red rocks i forgot what it was called. what do you guys suggest? ill be there 4.23-4.27

thanks in advance! :shakehand:drunk:

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
I meet some friends from the mid-west last year for one of their bdays.... i took them to the grand canyon and hoover dam and they were very happy with those 2 - for sure would recommend if you have never been.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I meet some friends from the mid-west last year for one of their bdays.... i took them to the grand canyon and hoover dam and they were very happy with those 2 - for sure would recommend if you have never been.

Would you recommend to rent a car or just go in a helicopter tour i read some reviews and ppl said dont take the tour bus? How much time do i need for both places?

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I'll be damned.

·
7,274 Posts
Would you recommend to rent a car or just go in a helicopter tour i read some reviews and ppl said dont take the tour bus? How much time do i need for both places?
I had my own car and we did each on a different day, grand canyon for sure is a day trip, it's awesome there and you do want to get the full experience walking these crazy open space.... am sure you could get back in time to vegas to still party the night away. as to hoover, that's closer so up to you how much time you want to spend there, could be a short trip to like half day.... i know nothing about the choppers, so can't say, also don't know about the busses from vegas to any of these....or you could even go to grand canyon way early and hit hoover on way back :ponder:

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Thinking about taking a vacation to vegas this summer. Would like to shoot some machine guns at the local ranges and do some other stuff too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been to both Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. The tour at the dam was fascinating as was the educational video about the making of it. Can't believe they constructed it so quickly back then, pure man power. Today it would take 10 times as long, sitting around with thumbs up their butts. Grand Canyon is a good 4 hours or so away if I remember, but what a freaking view. Pictures and videos don't do it justice. Both are a Must Do.

Would like to shoot some machine guns at the local ranges
Well you don't need to go to Vegas to do that.... But they are damn fun, just be cautious and safe.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
I've been to both Hoover Dam and the Grand Canyon. The tour at the dam was fascinating as was the educational video about the making of it. Can't believe they constructed it so quickly back then, pure man power. Today it would take 10 times as long, sitting around with thumbs up their butts. Grand Canyon is a good 4 hours or so away if I remember, but what a freaking view. Pictures and videos don't do it justice. Both are a Must Do.

Well you don't need to go to Vegas to do that.... But they are damn fun, just be cautious and safe.
I lean towards not happening at all due to wildlife effects.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys will probably go see both. What else can we do i really wanted to rent a bike up there but dont wanna pack all my gear and take it there, last time i was the roads and scenery seemed amazing.

What else should we do besides those two? Both gf and i are adrenaline junkies so anything goes lol.

·
7,274 Posts
Thanks guys will probably go see both. What else can we do i really wanted to rent a bike up there but dont wanna pack all my gear and take it there, last time i was the roads and scenery seemed amazing.

What else should we do besides those two? Both gf and i are adrenaline junkies so anything goes lol.
you can rent a high end ride, like a lambo or somethin... :ponder:

·
7,274 Posts
Can hit up the Stratosphere. They have a ride or something on the top of it that dangles you off the edge.
you should def. do that after a big meal too :popcorn:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Let's see, other than what's mentioned there's Valley of Fire, which is only about an hour from Vegas. It's out at Lake Mead so you could see the lake as well, possibly even do hoover and valley of fire e same day would make sense. I would have to recommend going to Zion National Park in Utah if your willing to travel 4 hours to the grand Canyon Zion is only about 2 and a half hours away. Death Valley is close as well but no where as nice as the grand canyon, zion. That's pretty much all that's within reach unless you want to go to so. Cal which is basically a trip in itself.

As far a adrenaline goes Stratosphere does have rides up on top of it, as well as a "controlled decent" free fall where you can jump off the top all the way to the bottom. Flightlinez in Boulder is a huge zip line thing in a canyon just outside of town, been wanting to do that myself for some time now. Got a few cool cart racing places in town, as well as places to shoot machine guns as someone said. New York New York has a roller coaster but it's kind of ehhh cause its old and bumpy now. Not quite adrenaline filled but the "high roller" observation wheel at the linq is cool, great views of the city and is the world's tallest ferris (observation) wheel. I've never done the heli tours so can't offer much input on that. Also as someone said yiu can rent supercars and take them through red rock or out to the lake as well.

Vegas has a little bit of everything to offer but deftly specializes is hookers and drunks lol

I'm sure there's something I'm missing so if there's something you think of or aren't sure about just ask I more than likely know about it or have done it myself.

Haven't been to the clubs in a while but should still know a few hosts if there's any you would like to go to let me know I may be able to get you in or at least make it so girls are free and you don't have to wait in line.

If you do rent a bike let me know, and let's ride!!!

And they all lived happily ever after.

The end.

·
Registered
385 Posts
you can rent a high end ride, like a lambo or somethin... :ponder:
lol, have you seen how much they cost a day? Usually about $1500+ with only 50mi/day and charge about $3/mi after. If you want a great place to rent from(I've already rented 2 Porsches... '03 Boxster S 6spd and '10 996 C2S conv't 6spd from them)... try RelayRides.

I already checked for the dates you'll be there and these seem to be the best options:

BEST "coolest" CAR....
2006 BMW M6 - $135/day - 150mi/day

Another sporty option...
2010 Dodge Challenger V6 - $65/day - 200mi/day

Roll in style...
2008 Mercedes S-Class - $66/day - 200mi/day

Those rates don't include insurance, however, it's not that much unless you plan on going with the $500 deductible collision. I went with just the standard insurance on the C2S as I knew I wasn't going to wreck it.

Boxster S...

C2S...

Also, what suburb are you from? I'm from Palatine and moved out to AZ in Nov '11. If you love to ride, I strongly recommend moving out here ;)

If you come down to Sedona(about 3hrs south of LV) let me know, maybe, we can meet up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
As far a adrenaline goes Stratosphere does have rides up on top of it, as well as a "controlled decent" free fall where you can jump off the top all the way to the bottom.
Whhhhattt? I don't remember that, but I was there in Feb of 2008. I think I'd love it, but I would wear a diaper just as a precaution.

If you come down to Sedona(about 3hrs south of LV) let me know, maybe, we can meet up.
Parents have a timeshare in Sedona. I've only been there once but it seemed really nice. I would have loved to have been on a bike out there. You westerners have all the weather.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
lol, have you seen how much they cost a day? Usually about $1500+ with only 50mi/day and charge about $3/mi after. If you want a great place to rent from(I've already rented 2 Porsches... '03 Boxster S 6spd and '10 996 C2S conv't 6spd from them)... try RelayRides.

I already checked for the dates you'll be there and these seem to be the best options:

BEST "coolest" CAR....
2006 BMW M6 - $135/day - 150mi/day

Another sporty option...
2010 Dodge Challenger V6 - $65/day - 200mi/day

Roll in style...
2008 Mercedes S-Class - $66/day - 200mi/day

Those rates don't include insurance, however, it's not that much unless you plan on going with the $500 deductible collision. I went with just the standard insurance on the C2S as I knew I wasn't going to wreck it.

Boxster S...

C2S...

Also, what suburb are you from? I'm from Palatine and moved out to AZ in Nov '11. If you love to ride, I strongly recommend moving out here ;)

I saw theres a closed course for high end cars but i wouldnt really pay that much for a beemer or benz im in those daily here, have one myself >:D thats an evil smiley lol im in lisle right now. Been toying with the idea of moving out west for a while, but im in love with cali so id end up over there.

Edit i just realized its only 65 or 100 a day lol that a great price!

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As far a adrenaline goes Stratosphere does have rides up on top of it, as well as a "controlled decent" free fall where you can jump off the top all the way to the bottom. Flightlinez in Boulder is a huge zip line thing in a canyon just outside of town, been wanting to do that myself for some time now. Got a few cool cart racing places in town, as well as places to shoot machine guns as someone said. New York New York has a roller coaster but it's kind of ehhh cause its old and bumpy now. Not quite adrenaline filled but the "high roller" observation wheel at the linq is cool, great views of the city and is the world's tallest ferris (observation) wheel. I've never done the heli tours so can't offer much input on that. Also as someone said yiu can rent supercars and take them through red rock or out to the lake as well.

The end.

Wait which roller coaster is the one that starts on the hotel and goes thru the city or is that the new york one?? I know ill end up going to a club one of the nights or two. I really dont know if i wanna drive 4 hrs one way thats 8hr out of the day so if i need a full day there would i need to spend the night there?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts