Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I HATE putting on my backpack over my leather jacket or even my padded textile..any1 suggest any good riding backpacks? not a fan of the tankbag btw

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much? i was thinkin of walkin around the mall and trying on backpacks with my gear on

the only annoying part is the straps..due to my arms being big with the gear on, its really hard to get the backpack straps on

then theres the annoying zipper on my current backpack that opens up at high speeds

·
Registered
668 Posts
how much? i was thinkin of walkin around the mall and trying on backpacks with my gear on

the only annoying part is the straps..due to my arms being big with the gear on, its really hard to get the backpack straps on

then theres the annoying zipper on my current backpack that opens up at high speeds
The way the straps are you don't get the bunched up feeling. You arms have complete freedom. Check out the VID LINK. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in buying.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
The trick is to open the shoulder straps all the way and then tighten them after you get the pack on. I have done this with several backpacks with my leather jacket on and it works fine.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The trick is to open the shoulder straps all the way and then tighten them after you get the pack on. I have done this with several backpacks with my leather jacket on and it works fine.

i do that with mine but it doesnt work well i need a new one :( i have a ZooYork backpack and it SUCKS

·
Registered
939 Posts
http://www.kriega.com/pages_uk/r25/R25-topframeset.html

You need a Kriega R25, they are specifically designed for sports bikes. I have one and would recommend them to everyone, the quality is very high and it will last for years. Over here in Europe plenty of people have them, they are designed so that the shoulder straps 'click' together like a parachute harness so that it is real easy to get on and off. They look cool to boot..I have the Kube Pocket to to put my phone, money, lighter, cigs.

Attachments

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have this Dakine Mission Backpack. It is great (meant for snowboarding) but it gets the job done. It has the waist and chest straps that are adjustable so the backpack sits supertight and stable at high speeds on the freeway. It has a lot of cargo room, I typically carry my 1600 page MedSurg book and 2 notebooks, my psp, some food, calculator, some pens and pencils, and other misc items, and it fits it all well. I got mine at Mainland Skate and Surf at my local mall for like $60. Great backpack and I recommend it.
When i was looking for a backpack I was looking for one that had the waist Straps just for the stability reason and this one delivers. Also wearing this with gear is great cause this was made to be worn on with those big snowboarding jackets so it fits quite nicely

·
Registered
39 Posts
check out ogio backpacks. they are hands down the best. super ergonomic man. i chose a snowboarding backpack because i needed to carry alot of stuff with me(change of clothes for work and clothes for school/books). Plus, it has cushion for your back because it is able to carry a snowboard. And snowboards are generally...heavy...and you generally have to hike uphill in back country, where there is...snow...rain...wind(high winds). So your zipper won't come down, hehe. but its got tons of adjustability, chest strap, waist strap, shoulder straps adjusters, and the traditional arm pit straps. Even has a hydration port for a camel back pouch, and the straw runs through the shoulder strap. check it out....its called the capital www.ogio.com

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts

:wave: PM Sent

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Jansport...tough it out. though i dont have to carry much when I ride so no biggie here...

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
i have that ogio no drag backpack, and though i love the way it looks, and like the way it feels when i'm on the bike, i can't stand the small amount of storage space. sure it's got a shitt ton of pockets, but you really can't fit all that much in there, and when the fuckk are you actually going to take the time to use that helmet hood? i have been using this every day for the past year and can't stand that i can't fit more things in there when i need food at the store, need a change of clothes, 12 pack of beer (that's pretty important during football season)...etc. i can say that when i'm just taking my camera with 2 lenses and a few waters up to palomar for a ride, it's a great pack.

pluses: feels good when on the bike, easy to put on and take off, easy to adjust, zipper is located on the inside (between your back and the backpack) so there is no way for it to open while riding, semi-hard shell, bunch of pockets, great looking, chicks dig it

minuses: small storage space, weak zipper (mine has broken twice), it has not gotten me laid

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.