Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've sold my 09 CBR600RR and bought a 2013 Harley Davidson Night Rod Special. It's a V-Rod, essentially Harley's version of a sport bike. I promise I will still wave to the sport bike family!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Harley's sportbike is the Sportster 1200, it's just not all that great of a sport machine. The V-Rod has the straight line pull similar to a sport bike (yeah, a bit slower I know...) but the comfort and looks of a Harley. Of all the Harley's, it's the coolest to me, good choice :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Harley's sport bike is the xr-1200 but the vrod is nice so good pickup, and hey it's still two wheels so still part of the fam just that distant cousin we like to not talk about haha jk

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Banned
179 Posts
Congrats! Awesome-looking bike, I'm not a Harley fan but that bike looks dope. I definitely would cop the flat black with red accents. Hopefully, the reliability is better on the harley's these days. When I was a kid my dad was always fixing them.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
that is one of the nicest harleys, however watch out when lane splitting or making turns as it is soo much wider and heavier hence harder to steer,

I give you 1 year and u will be back on a sports bike :p enjoy and ride safe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to disagree with kind of everyone, but the v-rod is a bit worthless.

It isn't a Harley, it's a Porsche, so you can't even get "all American" credit. It isn't as fast, smooth, or nimble as MOST sport bikes. It lacks the tradition of a Harley or the ability of a racer.

I say this as the owner of several Harley's and several sport bikes, but the V-rod is a bit of a waste of time. stay with a quality sport bike, or get a quality Harley. The V-rod is neither.

That was my intervention. I am happy for you if you like your bike though. Keep the shiny side up!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't be sorry! Pffff. That bike is ******* sweet.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually haven't gotten the bike yet, this Saturday. Thanks for posting the pic's for me, I still can't figure that out. The bike I bought is Vivid Black, it's not one of the ones pictured, essentially it's like the black one but instead of the flat black it's high gloss, with a few hint's of red around the HD logo. I appreciate all the kind words, best of luck to all of you, ride safe my friends!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts