Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it's been over a year since i got to do this ride. so yesterday i finally got to ride through my beloved GMR, my favorite canyon in all of cali (palomar is a very close 2nd though, but this is much closer to home though)

anyways, i went up there with my girl, dropped her off at the bottom and went for one run on my own to make sure the roads were ok (and for some fun on my own) then i took her through. I haven't carved canyons 2 up before, surprisingly it's very stable. it only makes you dog a little, you just gotta apply throttle accordingly. and that extra weight on the rear actually helps out a little i think, especially on downhills. turn in is a little more work but only at first, then it feels the same.

moving right along, this is the 1st time i've really gotten a chance to see what my 05 600RR was made out of. since i bought it in june i've only taken it through azuza and mt. baldy (weak in comparison to GMR) and i gotta tell you, this thing feels good. it flicks around a little better than the 6 imo, and it feels good with the Pilot Powers on too. overall the bike hugged the roads nice, and gave me the confidence i needed since i haven't done canyons in a while.

here's some pics, it was beautiful out man, well worth the risk. GMR technically is still closed, but there's ways to get in (thanks L_R6_A)

a clear and beautiful day, we could see all the way to catalina from here

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/yamaha-r6-03-bikepics-502832.jpg

me and my lady

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/yamaha-r6-03-bikepics-502836.jpg

a pic of the trusty steed that got me to this beautiful place

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/yamaha-r6-03-bikepics-502837.jpg

and one of me next to it

http://www.bikepics.com/pics/pics/yamaha-r6-03-bikepics-502838.jpg

i post a lot in the stunt section, and an occasional whoring in the mods and exhausts section and whatever else. but i just gotta say that it was fun using the bike for what it was really built for. although it's lots 'o fun to do wheelies and stunts and all that, it's a totally different feeling with the canyons. i guess you can say i rekindled my love for the twisties.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fixed it, should work now

·
Registered
258 Posts
I ride 2 up with my wife from time to time. I took her to Suches here in Ga and I agree, the bike handle very well. Put it this way, it convinced me to finally dial in and do some adjusting on my suspension setup. If only I could live in Cali. Visited SF, Sausolito,up through the vineyards and to Sacramento last August- I wished I had my bike the whole time. Thanks for sharing. Nice pics.
Some bikes I saw over there:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've riden 2up @ gmr a couple of times. I didnt like going down the front side with those banked turns though. Like you said initial turn in was a bit of a chore. I really do miss those roads up there. They were my favorite also. Why is it closed. Before I left Cali the front side was closed, but that was due to fire damage.

·
Registered
397 Posts
GMR Rules! I haven't been up there in ages, though. I like the Glendora Ridge Road section the best...1.5 lanes, tight, twisty, technical, and too damn much fun.

Personally, I'd take GMR over Palomar any day, but maybe that's just because every time I try to hit Palomar, it is either squid-infested, or clogged with idiot cagers and the couple of times I did GMR I practically had the whole road to myself.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got the Puig DB dark smoked screen.

yea +1 on that, Bounce. when i would frequent GMR, i'd try to go in the later morning like around 10, most traffic would be cleared up. and on the weekday, shlt, you'll be lucky to run into another bike sometimes. i love it being quiet like that, good rides.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
nice pics, looks like a fun ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts