Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Bring new bike to him, first time on it. My riding buddy is on the camera bike.

Organization is N2 Track Days. Track: Beaver Run Group: Intermediate (but he is Advance in other orgs)

Red/white bike....1st Track Day.
Guy in Orange/Red: Control/Coach Rider

·
Registered
131 Posts
Wow I hope everyone was okay after that. That looked pretty rough.

·
Registered
14,366 Posts
Sad how a moment of someone being distracted at the track may end up in a disaster for 3 persons...
You have to be prepared for this kind of thing to happen, which is why you sign waivers before getting on the track.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This was also posted on my local forum, what happened exactly?
5th session of the day. My buddy moves at a good pace and run's Advance group in other organizations, however this was Intermediate group where pace varies greatly.

The CR "Control Rider/Coach" was running hot laps all session that were over the group's pace an a little over his own (though the CR is a seasoned rider)(maybe tired).

The CR disregarded the downed bike early on. He also didn't think twice about the rider who threw up their hand early on.

The CR missed the Red flag (indication that you're moving to fast for your own good)

The Red/White bike was on their first track day (an organization policy that I question myself) ...everyone should start in Beginner/Novice unless they have a race license.

The Red/White bike saw the Red Flag and cut throttle without signaling first. Also cut throttle way too hard (which stood the bike up). New track rider mistake which he owned up too.

Rumors are saying the Red/White bike tried to pit in at the last minute...this is not the case per the rider himself.

Control Rider was not looking far enough ahead through the turn.

When the Red/White bike stood up...the CR thought the guy was going to continue left and tried to dip around him. Misjudged the closing speeds and nailed the swing arm of the front bike.

Front rider stayed up. CR went down hard (Broken Ribs/Concussion/Punctured Lung so far) ....the CRs bike was unsettled and launched up into my buddy. Some how my buddy was sent into a Superman over the clip-ons when the bike landed on the front end.

He landed on the pavement and rag-dolled into the grass. He proceeded to try and get up but just passed out. (Concussion, Possible shoulder surgery, and more injuries most likely to come once he goes through all the check ups)

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
Poor guy had no where to go best of luck to all those involved for a speedy recovery

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Poor guy had no where to go best of luck to all those involved for a speedy recovery
God no kidding. This video came through on my facebook feed and looked nasty, apparently the result was.

Heal up guys.

·
Registered
563 Posts
CR should have never been running like that. The first thing orgs tell you is that you are responsible for the rider in front of you. The CR wasn't following that at all.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
**** was crazy man. I was there all weekend riding. My buddy also got taken to hospital. He lowsided in beginner and my.other buddy was right behind him. Buddy behind hit his back tire or swing arm and threw him over bars. Then I think his bike hit guys head in front of him. He was knocked out unconscious for awhile..

Crash happens around 1:35... u can see at end where bike hits him...
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,281 Posts
cray video....

1st track day ever and he is riding Intermediate :ponder: WTF kind of organization is that?
CR should have done a better job or riding period :sad3:
sucks for your buddy bro :banghead:

having said above, really hope both the CR and your buddy heel up quickly without injuries that will take them out of the game or have effect on their lives going forward!!!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CR should have never been running like that. The first thing orgs tell you is that you are responsible for the rider in front of you. The CR wasn't following that at all.
Ding Ding! :shakehand

**** was crazy man. I was there all weekend riding. My buddy also got taken to hospital. He lowsided in beginner and my.other buddy was right behind him. Buddy behind hit his back tire or swing arm and threw him over bars. Then I think his bike hit guys head in front of him. He was knocked out unconscious for awhile..

Crash happens around 1:35... u can see at end where bike hits him...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WWtj89ZhcXI
Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Damn, that was bad too. Your buddy was OUT! Hope he's ok. Seems to be the typical trend for NESBA carrying over into N2.

cray video....

1st track day ever and he is riding Intermediate :ponder: WTF kind of organization is that?
CR should have done a better job or riding period :sad3:
sucks for your buddy bro :banghead:
Yup, I was also taken out with this organization last season because of a new-to-track rider riding in Intermediate. Many don't know how to leave their ego's at the track entrance.

:+1: on the CR not doing his job properly.

My buddy is in good spirits right now. I don't think he realizes yet how long his shoulder will take to heal. I told him to use the time to put even more upgrades into it lol

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Saw that video yesterday on facebook, crazy!

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
346 Posts
The whole scene is unreal. I saw it on the TDJ group a few days ago...right before a trackday. It really puts the number of things you can fully control into perspective.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts