Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, there is a dealer with a 2013 CBR600RR (no ABS). 0 miles, brand new. He asked like $10,800 out the door. I told him there are specials for 2015 ones WITH ABS for that same price and that his price was way too high.

Of course I bet he knew this and was just testing me. He said he can do a better deal. He wants me to give him a price. They had this bike for 2.5 3 years now and they are loosing from it. How much do you think is a good out of the door price for it?

Anyone been in a similar situation?
Thanks and ride safe!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
$8,499 is what I have seen them for all over the place with NO freight or setup fees. Should have TTL for your state and a SMALL, like under $100 doc fee. I'd try $8k plus TTL.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$8,499 is what I have seen them for all over the place with NO freight or setup fees. Should have TTL for your state and a SMALL, like under $100 doc fee. I'd try $8k plus TTL.
That's the exact number I had in mind. I live in Northern VA, I am going to look around incase they don't take my offer. I dont mind going as far as 3 hours is every direction.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Last week I was in your SAME situation. On sunday I talked the dealer down from $10.3k to $8800+tax,title,prep, & extended warranty with roadside assistance. Out the door was $10.5k. I looked at cycle trader and printed off cheap sales within 500 miles. Told him if he could meet those sales that will save me the gas money Id take it. The prices I show include the $1200 instant rebate they got going on now. Tuesday I pick up my 0 miles 2013 red CBR600RR. Did I get a deal of a century? No. Frankly, everyone on this site says 8500 out the door but I couldnt find 1 dealer near me that would even consider 9k. I walked out of 2 dealerships. Good luck and happy riding! (Hopefully)

·
Registered
803 Posts
I think there are enough good answers on here (from firsthand experience, especially) to help get the ball rolling for you. Realistically, I don't think you should go over $9k inclusive of all taxes and fees, but it's also a possibility that you may end up no more than $10k total. Try to get the 600 mile service thrown in along with extended warranty and roadside assistance if you're planning to approach $10k OTD.

Don't stress out too much. I paid about a $1k more than I should have due to my own softness.

All the best.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Last week I was in your SAME situation. On sunday I talked the dealer down from $10.3k to $8800+tax,title,prep, & extended warranty with roadside assistance. Out the door was $10.5k. I looked at cycle trader and printed off cheap sales within 500 miles. Told him if he could meet those sales that will save me the gas money Id take it. The prices I show include the $1200 instant rebate they got going on now. Tuesday I pick up my 0 miles 2013 red CBR600RR. Did I get a deal of a century? No. Frankly, everyone on this site says 8500 out the door but I couldnt find 1 dealer near me that would even consider 9k. I walked out of 2 dealerships. Good luck and happy riding! (Hopefully)
I don't think ANYONE is saying $8500 OTD on the bike so I'm not sure where you are getting your info from. I see the 13-15 600's all the time for $8,499 in Cycle Trader, dealer posts on CL, dealership floors, etc. all over the country so if you're not able to find that price then you should keep looking.

I'd never waste my money on extended warranties or roadside assistance and anyone that pays freight and or setup on a bike older than one model year is overpaying. Check your insurance policy to see if they offer roadside assistance, most do so you're paying twice for something 99% of the time you'll never use. So right there you could have saved $1k or more on the deal.

You should be paying tax, title, license and a SMALL doc fee to the dealership on a "leftover" model, end of story.

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can tell me what I should and shouldn't pay all you want but the fact is I walked out of 2 dealerships because they simply would not weive setup fees and such. Summer in ct is coming soon and anyone in New England knows that's when deals are harder to negotiate. Bike prices vary based on region so take that into factor. As far as service contracts, it's a personal thing. For less $100 a year I'm covered. As far as insurance towing. Don't trust em. Ruined a fender on my last bike and claimed it wasn't them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts