Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hired this younger kid last week and he told me today he had a bike for sale. I went and looked at it just to help him out. We got to his house and he has a 1996 ZX6R Ninja . (PEE GREEN). The only thing I found wrong was it needs a set of fork seals. The bike has 12000 miles on it and does need a set of tires. I can get this thing for a $1050. Surely I could turn it for that. Whats ya think. YA OR NA..

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been trying to post a picture of it but the download place isnt working.

H

·
0 Posts
that is a nice price.... but one thing to consider... i had a ninja around that milage and i was having problems with second gear slipping... now to repair that you are looking at like 2k... unless you or someone you know can do it....

i mean it is cheap, but 1k is still 1k... and if you have to dump more and more money into it to get it where you want it then what is the point in spending the money... figure bike = 1050, tires ~280, fork seals ?, trans 2K.... and then anything else you can find that is wrong with it... the next thign you know you could drop a lot of money into it and in the end you might have been better off just shpping around for a second bike that costs more, but that does not have issues....

to check 2nd just accel hard in second... if it feels like the bike is skipping teeth on the sprocket then second is slipping... if that where the case i would not touch it...

if it were me, i would have the bike looked over, jsut to know what i would have to do to it to get in back in good shape.. and def find out how much it would cost me to get in back into top shape...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts