Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first post here....

I was just wondering if I could get some opinions. I recently bought a 2005 600RR and was just seeing if I got a pretty decent deal. I bought it from a very nice, knowledgeable local dealer employee. It was previously salvaged but has a clean title (was inspected and issued a clean title). 4,000 actual miles were on the ODO when I bought it, approx. ~4,600 now. It's candy apple red on the upper front, mids, and tank and gloss black on the lower and tail. Bike is super clean and doesn't look like it's ever been down except for a couple of very light scratches on the clutch cover. The guy said it was a plastic damage only salvage and he said he never replaced the clutch cover, which to me, indicates it didn't go down hard at all. I paid $6K for it. So, was it a pretty good deal?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
You got raped. I would never buy a rebuilt title for 6k. My roommate bought a mint 05 cbr with good mod for 5500.00 last year.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You got raped.

Dang, you must live in a magical world where gravity doesn't exist and inherently unstable motorcycles don't fall! It's a clean title. Considering the Nada average retail is $7,150 I thought it was a pretty good deal. It's in almost perfect shape and rides like a dream. Shoot, almost every bike I was lookin' at was more expensive than this and almost all had been down before. It's just the nature of the game. Thanks for the input though guys...

·
Registered
336 Posts
It always depends on where you live, but personally I think you could have gotten a better deal than that. If a clean title retail for 7k than I would rather buy a clean title bike than a savage bike for 6k. You only saved 1k over clean title. Also, I have seen people sell clean '05s for around 6k so I don't think you got a good deal at all. You ask for peoples opinions, so don't be so upset when someone tell you something you don't want to hear.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not upset, did I say I was somewhere? I just think it's funny that people make such a big deal about a "salvage" bike that had plastic damage. Bikes go down, any rider knows that. People here probably have dropped theirs and if selling they'll say, "Every bike goes down, not a big deal, etc...." I seriously get compliments every single day on it lol. The guy had it listed in the paper for $6,400 and had quite a few calls in the two days it was listed. I gave him 6 cash a couple days later. I was originally going to buy a '07 GSXR for $8,300 riding on the road but thought this was a much better deal. If I wanted a brand new bike I could have easily got one. My buddy bought a brand new GSXR for $9,000 and has dropped his. If he would have claimed it on insurance it'd probably be salvaged. EVERYONE (except for this board suprisingly) said this was a great deal. This bike is pretty much mint condition. I am not pissed just suprised. Maybe everyone paid MSRP+ for their 05-06s???Dayym...

Edit: Forgot to add this since I've said it like 3 times now...it has a clean title with actual mileage...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also just did a quick check on craigslist seattle (I know, a lot of scams/potential deadbeats, etc.) and there isn't a single 600RR for less than $6,000 on there, which is an '03. I know great deals come and go and I did buy it at the worst time of the year, but after selling the F4i and without riding for almost two months, I was going through withdrawls...

·
Registered
601 Posts
nobody will know it's a salvage until you tell them - the bike looks hot - with the money you saved on salvage, whether it be $500 or $1000, you're able to rock that sick suomy lid (without sticker shock and buyer's remorse), which makes you even more badass.

isn't that why we ride bikes anyways? it's definitely not convenient to get all geared up.

at the end of the day, you're a gangster on a sweet ride. as long as you know there aren't any hidden damages, who cares. i dont think it's illegal to give untrue info about a salv title, as long as you state it is salvage. they may make a big problem seem small.

who knows?

if you ride it for a few years with no problems, you would be able to sell it down the line for higher than most salvages since you've babied the back and it caused you no unexpected trouble.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
You didn't get raped, but you didn't win the lottery either. I think that was probably $500 too high for an '05 with title shenanigans going on. It looks pretty damn nice though.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
I don't think that is a deal by any means.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got back from an exhilarating ride on a 75 degree, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky morning! Man, I am so happy I got this bike and not the GSXR for 8.5k. You guys enjoy making your payments if you have to and buying your bikes for full-retail because they must not ever go down, ever. It's a friken clean title '05 RR that looks perfect with 4,6XX miles now. Damn, I better buy that '07 brand-new for $9,500 just so I can feel better about myself! Maybe when I am done with school...

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
easy there i bought an 07 for 9400 not because i wanted to be cool but because i wanted a sweet bike. and im glad i got an 07. i dont think you got ripped off but you could have bought the same thing but never dropped for the same money. just dont be so quick to dis at people who would rather buy a new bike than a bike that has been wrecked.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts