Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was going into a turn too hot started to fixate on where i didnt want to go.

hmmm but wait! over the past few thousand miles i always trained myself to do what i should be doing (like not ******* crashing) regardless if i was fixated or not. I would purposely fixate (although this may break the definition of fixating but who cares) and make sure i would make the turn while self fixating.

i noticed in this turn when i was fixating (a real fixation not the fake ones i put myself through) i had this moment of truth for a split second thinking oh so this is where noobs would be panicing, letting off the throttle and braking (which would most likely resulted going off roading with a streetbike) but i was like nah not today buddy i already had my oh **** moment years ago when i did all those mistakes in less than a second about to total my bike but my instinct led me to go even more over my limit just to recover. I dont think i ever leaned my bike over that far again since and to tell you the truth i cant even remember how far it was leaned over as everything happened so fast.

i stopped being a critical thinker when riding because i did it so often through my learning months everything became a habit and i wasnt consciously thinking and just doing with instinct.

I forgot that everyday is an opportunity to realize what youre learning and that you should pay attention and strive to keep learning and apply what you have learned.

and one more thing stop blaming cold tires/asphalt or any other ******** excuse on the reason why you crashed... its that dumbass glob of goo between your ears that didnt realize it was cold out and that your tires may take an extra second to warm up and you need to act accordingly.
that is all ride safe

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yeah I didn't understand the self fixating part either but def been there for sure with the rest of the story. Yes it is an amazing revelation to experience that our biggest hazard in riding isn't the bike or the road but the contents of our helmets.

Good going & good thinking.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
well i was going into a turn too hot started to fixate on where i didnt want to go.

hmmm but wait! over the past few thousand miles i always trained myself to do what i should be doing (like not ******* crashing) regardless if i was fixated or not. I would purposely fixate (although this may break the definition of fixating but who cares) and make sure i would make the turn while self fixating.

i noticed in this turn when i was fixating (a real fixation not the fake ones i put myself through) i had this moment of truth for a split second thinking oh so this is where noobs would be panicing, letting off the throttle and braking (which would most likely resulted going off roading with a streetbike) but i was like nah not today buddy i already had my oh **** moment years ago when i did all those mistakes in less than a second about to total my bike but my instinct led me to go even more over my limit just to recover. I dont think i ever leaned my bike over that far again since and to tell you the truth i cant even remember how far it was leaned over as everything happened so fast.

i stopped being a critical thinker when riding because i did it so often through my learning months everything became a habit and i wasnt consciously thinking and just doing with instinct.

I forgot that everyday is an opportunity to realize what youre learning and that you should pay attention and strive to keep learning and apply what you have learned.

and one more thing stop blaming cold tires/asphalt or any other ******** excuse on the reason why you crashed... its that dumbass glob of goo between your ears that didnt realize it was cold out and that your tires may take an extra second to warm up and you need to act accordingly.
that is all ride safe
No one used to avoid posting something like "rider error" when I first joined; the first thread I created was about my bike falling over (I was nowhere in sight at the time) from the kick stand sinking into a recently completed tar parking lot and the overwhelming consensus was rider error. Was I about to tell someone that had 10x or 100x the experience otherwise?...nope, it built character and I think motivated me to be a better rider.

...what? :ponder:

Yeah I didn't understand the self fixating part either but def been there for sure with the rest of the story. Yes it is an amazing revelation to experience that our biggest hazard in riding isn't the bike or the road but the contents of our helmets.

Good going & good thinking.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I think I know what he's talking about, it's using target fixation to your advantage by essentially putting up the blinders and not looking anywhere other than where you want to end up, don't confuse it with losing situational awareness though, I do it all the time and it's made my peripheral vision a lot better...if that isn't what he's referring to then I have no idea either.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
O confused. Cold tires and asphalt are a real thing tho...

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
O confused. Cold tires and asphalt are a real thing tho...
They are, but just like the weather or any other variable that may affect performance but more importantly, your personal safety, it is the rider's responsibility to account for them...legally it's referred to mitigating damages.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
This is true.

·
Registered
903 Posts
They are, but just like the weather or any other variable that may affect performance but more importantly, your personal safety, it is the rider's responsibility to account for them...legally it's referred to mitigating damages.
+1. While I've found the bike can be pushed and trusted further than I ride on the street that doesn't mean that's my new street limit. Still have to account for the variables beyond my own or the bike's capabilities.

My first goal is rolling back into the garage in the same condition I left it except for a satisfied smile on my face.

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
+1. While I've found the bike can be pushed and trusted further than I ride on the street that doesn't mean that's my new street limit. Still have to account for the variables beyond my own or the bike's capabilities.

My first goal is rolling back into the garage in the same condition I left it except for a satisfied smile on my face.
I do it slightly different; I start smiling once my visor is down because then nothing else matters...which reminds me, time to smile :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts