Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with lap timer apps for your smart phone (Gearzy, CMS, Mytracks, etc).
I only do about 2-3 track days a year and ride in the novice group. Not looking to spend the money on an expensive lap timer. Just thought it would be cool to be able to keep track of my lap times so I can keep an eye on my progress (or lack of).
I read an article about one of these apps in Sport rider but I cant find the magazine. haven't heard anything about them otherwise.
Anyone using a lap timer app?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I tried a few free ones but after a lot of frustration, just got an xt mini. You can probably find them for around 50 used.... Also, really didn't want to put my new phone through a possible crash or have some mounting hardware fail on me. Good luck though.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try Track master for androids. 8.99 pretty cool app
Thanks, I'll give it a shot! Do you know if it will work if I just keep the phone in my pocket? I dont have a bike mount and would rather have it in my pocket anyway. Less chance of it getting damaged if I go down.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just downloaded track master. Hopefully it works if I keep the phone in my pocket. Track day is tomorrow so I dont have time to buy/make a mound and I'm not sure how I feel about velcro-ing my new smartphone to the tank.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts