Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am looking for good brands for maintaining the bike. I prefer cheap and effective but if not i don't mind spending some money.

Such as:
Oil brands
Oil filters
Brake pads
Air filters
Chain Lube

Thats all i can think of right now, feel free to add in. Thanks

·
Registered
763 Posts
Stock air filter is the cheapest at around $50
Oil: Shell Rotella in the blue bottle (T6)
Oil filter: Walmart supertech ST7317 (comparable to OEM, around $4)
Chain lube: Most of it is under 8 bucks. I use Dupont Teflon Multi-Use wax (@ lowes for under $5)
Brake pads: Vesrah JL's offer great performance and long life at a lower price point.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
Hi, i am looking for good brands for maintaining the bike. I prefer cheap and effective but if not i don't mind spending some money.

Such as:
Oil brands - Motul Synthetic Blend Ester 5100
Oil filters - Honda OEM
Brake pads - Vesrah RJL
Air filters - BMC
Chain Lube - Motul Chain Lube Road

Thats all i can think of right now, feel free to add in. Thanks

Probably not cheaper than what suggested above, but I'd rather have a nice smooth running bike for many miles to come. So far 39.5 Kmi and running strong.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Probably not cheaper than what suggested above, but I'd rather have a nice smooth running bike for many miles to come. So far 39.5 Kmi and running strong.
:crackup:

An aftermarket air filter is no better than stock, and in some cases can be worse.

RJL's are considered a race pad.

The OEM oil filter is EASILY outperformed by the Purolator, which is ~$5 cheaper. The SuperTech oil filter is comparable to the OEM in tests, but less than half the price.

Please tell the OP how any of the stuff you listed will benefit him and his riding style.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts