Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I got a 2013 f150 and was wondering if you guys were experienced in ramps at all? I was looking online and found a couple options but I'm worried none are wide enough. I don't want to end up like another moron on failarmy lol

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
479 Posts
Hey guys,

I got a 2013 f150 and was wondering if you guys were experienced in ramps at all? I was looking online and found a couple options but I'm worried none are wide enough. I don't want to end up like another moron on failarmy lol

Thanks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I use a 2"x8"x8' piece of wood with a 2"x6" underneath, perpendicular, to the 2"x8". At the end of the wooden ramp, I have an L bracket that slides between the bumper and the body of the vehicle. Then I just walk up the bike from the side. Parking down a hill makes the ramp level therefore eliminating the need to push, brake, push, brake up the ramp.

I can't imagine riding a bike up a ramp onto a vehicle.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I bought mine from Sam's club years ago, came with 2 aluminum motorcycle ramps with handles that are foldable. I've used them soo many times and I'm not counting all my buddies borrowing them too. Great ramps that hold up through all the abuse. Think they run about 15o for the set.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
I use a Blackwidow 9 foot folding ramp. Three piece and I can ride the bike in and out of the bed. I have a '13 F150 also.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have a harbor freight folding metal ramp, maybe 6" wide? No worries though when your truck is lowered 5" in front and 6" in back, loading is easier then tall trucks with wide ramps :)

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
What size is your bed? If you have the 5.5' then take a look at the Ready Ramp. It doubles as a bed extender which is very handy when driving with the tailgate down. As a ramp, I actually use it to walk up and I use a separate S-Curve ramp for the bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight "tri-fold" aluminum ramp. Was around $70 with a discount coupon. I didn't like the idea of walking up the rungs on the ramp (had visions of snapping my leg in half), so I cut some plywood to fit over the rungs and screwed it down. I also bought some traction tape (anti-slip tape) and put strips across the wood. Now I can walk the bike up the ramp, using the clutch to power it up. Or, if you have a friend with you, just push it up.

Yes, it does help to park the truck with the back wheels in a valley to lessen the angle of the ramp. Makes it much easier to get in and out.

One important feature of the HF ramp is that it has safety chains. These stop the ramp from slipping off the tailgate and dropping you and the bike into the street.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight "tri-fold" aluminum ramp. Was around $70 with a discount coupon. I didn't like the idea of walking up the rungs on the ramp (had visions of snapping my leg in half), so I cut some plywood to fit over the rungs and screwed it down. I also bought some traction tape (anti-slip tape) and put strips across the wood. Now I can walk the bike up the ramp, using the clutch to power it up. Or, if you have a friend with you, just push it up.
That's a great idea! I might try something similar. I clutch the bike up the ramp and I too am wary of slipping through the rungs.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Id be terrified of loading in the bed of a tallish pickup.

I load my trailer which is 22" off the ground its nit bad but not great either. I use a 7 foot long 2x12 works good but I may look in that black widow... thanks thex!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts