Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. I am new to the forum and am currently looking for a cbr to buy. I found a 2008 CBR 600RR Graffiti Edition with 9000 miles on it at a dealer. Asking price is $6480. How much do you think a 08 like this should go for? Bike is stock aside from a two brothers slip on. Also I'm from Michigan since I know pricing will be location specific.

The same dealer also has an 08 CBR 600RR silver with 11k miles asking $6000. How much should I ask for on this one as well as the graffiti edition one. My guess is I will be able to get a better price on the silver one rather than the graffiti edition one.

EDIT: Also I'm willing to pay for the bike full in cash. Is this a good idea and could I use this to help bargain the price lower?
Thanks guys.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'd offer $5500 and work up from there. I'd say if you can get it for less than 6K it's a good deal. But a good deal is all relative I suppose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Yea I think I will call and make an offer for $5500. Would the dealer be willing to go down further if I was to pay in cash?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Not sure if you bought it already, but this thread has a bunch of relevent information: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=499337

As far as a dealer, I think the biggest tactic is being able to walk away. I have a few friends in the auto retail industry and they always say if you can walk away, you will get a better deal.

It's hard to say whether an all cash offer would be better, it really depends on their cost basis of the bike. And sometimes they want you to finance through them so they make money off the interest you'd be paying.

·
BOTM Winner 12/16
274 Posts
get the graffiti edition! Then trade fairings with me lol

Like they mentioned above, they'll probably work with you on the price if you're paying cash. Price is dependent on location typically: IE I drove down to Ohio and paid 1.5 k less than I would have in michigan.

good luck!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Cash is typically only a bargaining chip in private sales. I paid $5,600 for my graffiti last year, had around 10k on the clock I believe.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bought my 2008 graffiti last summer for $6100, with 3k miles, slip on exhaust, frame sliders and tinted wind screen. Purchased from a private seller in NJ.

Hope this help give you some type of reference.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I picked up my '07 with 6500 miles for 5k from a private party. Needed new tires but it was very clean. Definitely start around $5500 and see where it goes. There is some comfort however going through a reputable dealer but you'll pay a little more for it.

Good luck!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts