Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I am probably the only guy here that does not have a t handle hex key set. Do you guys have any recommendations? I am normally a Craftsman guy but Sears is selling them for more than I am willing to pay. Also, I was searching around and most of the ones I saw that I liked were SAE. Anyone know where I can get a good metric set for a decent price?

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I have Craftsman, I think they had a sale this saturday(?)..

My dad got a set from habor freight, I think he used them once and since then he's been using my Craftsman. Depends on how much your going to use them.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a store called Harbor Freight in Northern Virginia but my friend picked up a nice set there for like 8 bucks. I just use his.:icon_lol:

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
buy the craftsman...they are awesome...and if your patient they go on sale regularly .

Get these they are sweet. They are ball end and T-handle///they work like a charm for the RR

·
Registered
500 Posts
i got the standard end and ball end sets. i definately prefer the standard end. the ball end doesnt grip enough and eventually ends up stripping the bolt.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
i got the standard end and ball end sets. i definately prefer the standard end. the ball end doesnt grip enough and eventually ends up stripping the bolt.

huh... I use the ball end all the time and never had a problem..... But i also prefer the standard end. Ball ends really come in handy though.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I know I am probably the only guy here that does not have a t handle hex key set. Do you guys have any recommendations? I am normally a Craftsman guy but Sears is selling them for more than I am willing to pay. Also, I was searching around and most of the ones I saw that I liked were SAE. Anyone know where I can get a good metric set for a decent price?

na u ain't alone on wishin for a set. i still have to scroung the botom of tool box cuz the lil ones sift to the bottom. ya that's a sweet set too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts