Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I sold my 600RR today. 2007 white and silver in showroom condition. It was really tough to let it go since I think it is the best looking bike and color of ANY sportbike, except for possibly the Ducati 848/1098....just my opinion...but I truly loved how the 600RR looked, rode, handled, etc.
My "new" bike has less than 1/3 the hp of the 600rr (about 31), but it IS lighter...by about 70 lbs. :)

The "new" ride is a 2008 Yamaha WR250X "supermoto". I've actually had the bike for about 4 months and it's just so incredibly fun and easy to ride. I've owned more than a dozen bikes and ridden almost every japanese bike made while working at the dealership, and I have to say the WR250X brings more smiles to my face than any of them. It will barely go 90mph, and its not very fast at all past 70mph, but at 280lbs dry, its real real really fun to toss around the twisties....the tighter the better ! Its a go-anywhere hooligan machine :)
Anyway, just wanted to say farewell to the 600RR community.
Ride safe, and I'll see you out on the road !

Mike

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Mike
You do not have to depart just because you do not ride a 600RR
stick around man this family Rocks bro awesome supermoto bro be
safe out there man

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Sick man, I almost pulled the trigger on a husky 450 a few months ago.

Someday I will hooliganize my area on one of those :)

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
Very nice. Thats a second bike, IMO. Never would I sell my RR for something like that.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yeah I like the supermotos too. But like others have said I would not have sold my RR for it. Maybe I will be able to get one as a second bike somtime. Be safe out there and have fun on that thing

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Yeah, why you leaving? I ride a Kawasaki zx10r right now and I still stick around. Hell I even plan on selling this Kow and buying a GSXR 750 next and STILL will be around, actually even if I die I plan on haunting this website with my ghost like in that movie White Noise, bwahahahah HAHAHAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!!!!111

·
Registered
175 Posts
So did you do the conversion yourself or did you buy it like this? I have only seen the husky and suzuki that sell them pre built. If you did it your self how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So did you do the conversion yourself or did you buy it like this? I have only seen the husky and suzuki that sell them pre built. If you did it your self how much did it cost if you dont mind me asking.
Yamaha came out with these not too long ago. Ready to ride right off the floor.

Drop a 450 in that thing and then you'd have a fun toy. 50+hp and gobs of torque.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok, geez....maybe I will stick around for a while ;).
I worked for several years as a technician at a Honda-Yamaha-KTM dealership so I do know a thing or two about bikes.

Very nice. Thats a second bike, IMO. Never would I sell my RR for something like that.
Actually, I had both the RR and the WRX sitting side by side in the garage for about 4 months. In that time...1800 miles on the WRX and about 100 on the CBR.
Most of the riding I do is around town or occasional country back road blasts. The WRX shines for 'round town ripping and can still hang quite well in the twisties.... It also gets 65 mpg and costs next to nothing to insure. If I ever decide to get onto the track, or my riding habits change, I will definitely consider getting another RR.

Drop a 450 in that thing and then you'd have a fun toy. 50+hp and gobs of torque.
I agree. The 250 is quick for what it is, but a WR450X would be awesome and still have the Yamaha reliability. Valve check intervals on the 250X is 26,600mi.
I've kinda got my eye on the KTM 690SMC. That thing is a beast. 300lbs and 66hp.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
god every time i see a super moto it makes me want one more. it would be kinda dumb thought cuz i have a nice dirt bike (cfr250r) and a nice street bike. to bad i couldnt just make to 250 street legal for when i wanted it to be easily. sweet bike! i know i would feel so comfy and at home on one of those just after riding dirt bikes for so long.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Bro, thats what I would call my sidekick

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'd love to have a supermoto. I day dream about them regularly. The Yamaha is a good looking machine, but I'm not sure I'd be content with 250cc's. If they bring out a 400 or up, I'll need to do some soul searching. The RR might have to go...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts