Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking to get a GoPro Hero HD. At first I didn't want to spend the money on the HD and was just going to go with the Hero Wide. But after watching videos, the HD is badass.

So I used one of those sites that searches all of Craigslists. I found someone selling a GoPro Hero HD for $200 NEW IN THE BOX and plastic wrap! I sent him and e-mail asking for more pictures other than the stock website ones he had on his add. He sent me and e-mail back saying it was still for sale and w/ pictures. This thing really hasn't been opened yet!

Cheapest I've found this thing new was $240 on eBay. So $200 is a great deal on this thing. The only thing that worries me is its in Pinellas Park FL.

So how much am I protected if I use PayPal to pay for this, if for some reason I never recieve it? I'll post this pictures he sent me in a minute...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Picture he sent. After I looked, you can see that my e-mail is the one highlighted on his monitor. You can see my name, so atleast I know he actually has it!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
763 Posts
Have you ever ordered from them before? Or does anyone have experience with them?
They're awesome.

Does the one on craigslist include the motorsports package? The one orom SBS does.

As far as whether or not you should get it -- if you're going to get a camera, get the HD. But if you're anything like me, I don't have the time, patience or desire to edit footage. And keeping in mind, HD files are HUUUUUUUUGE and take a lot more time and space.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They're awesome.

Does the one on craigslist include the motorsports package? The one orom SBS does.

As far as whether or not you should get it -- if you're going to get a camera, get the HD. But if you're anything like me, I don't have the time, patience or desire to edit footage. And keeping in mind, HD files are HUUUUUUUUGE and take a lot more time and space.

Yes its the motorsports package. He said he bought two at the Performance Racing Industry show in Orlando, b/c he wanted to put one on the front and rear of his bike, but decided to just you use.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Have you ever ordered from them before? Or does anyone have experience with them?

I got mine from them last month...so you don't have to worry. Once order was in it took about a week to get here...:)

Might also want to check out fry's.com they have a 32GB SD card for $69.99 plus tax.

·
Registered
202 Posts
lol I literally just sold mine. the HD version is a bada$$ little camera, both for pictures and video... I just didn't use it enough to justify keeping it. make sure you get a large SD card... especially if you are recording high res video.

·
Registered
785 Posts
i got mine from superbikesupply.

if you're going to get one, get HD. and might as well get it from superbikesupply.

·
Registered
748 Posts
definetly get one!!! The HD one is sick,and cant go wrong with the original I have both but HD is nice for better quality and the remote! they have awesome products and a kick ass company go check out my videos on youtube.com/deezee147

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
the HD is worth every penny. I have the Hero wide and now i really wanna get the HD also. Its like vhs vs. bluray.

Brad at SBS is top notch. I'd get it from him if you have any doubts about that private seller.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
As a goPro HD user, I say YES but think about what you need it for, and if your computer is ABLE to process the videos

meaning processor speed, vid card, etc.

I use it snowboarding and riding, and yes, it is not everyday
but it makes some good memories.

8GB card is good nuff, based on battery life and such
thats what I have

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I'd say the seller is legitimate if he responded the quick with a photo and reply, especially since you can see your email on his screen. I can't see it going wrong and I think paypal will back you up on this. Or If you have your credit card linked to paypal I think your CC company would back you up if the deal went south. I could be wrong though...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Paypal will also back up the sale if you ask him to send you a paypal invoice and do NOT send the money as a gift.

Hope it works out for ya.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts